Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

need more opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005 | 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

Default need more opinions!

heres another idea I would like yer guys opinion on.My son found a 94 camaro v6 car no motor or tranny.But heck the car is all there.I talked to the guy just a few minutes ago.Said its all pretty straight..(800 bucks)wonder if i yank parts off that & fix my sons or just yank off my sons & use this car.The 94 comes with a title.I dont think theres alot of diff is there between a v6 car & my sons z28??Exterior i think its identical.Dont know how much modification i would have to do to transfer his setup over to the 94....And besides the value is less with it not being a z28 car.(Vin numbers)but all the parts he needs are on the 94 car.I have yet to look under his 95 z28 but i wonder if the control arms ball joints,tie rod ends are the same??

Albiet he wont be driving probably till next fall but it would give him something to feel better about.Maybe use it for his senior project at school.For 800 bucks I cant buy the parts anywhere close to that!
Old 12-31-2005 | 10:35 PM
Tech Addict

Not sure, but I would guess the running gear from 93-97 is the same. The only issue I would think would be the engine and computer swap and compatibility therein.

Ellis should pipe in when he gets a chance with the info.

800 bucks sounds like a good deal if the body and suspension are sound.
Old 01-01-2006 | 03:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rokko
Not sure, but I would guess the running gear from 93-97 is the same. The only issue I would think would be the engine and computer swap and compatibility therein.

Ellis should pipe in when he gets a chance with the info.

800 bucks sounds like a good deal if the body and suspension are sound.
There are strange differences in the 93' to 95' (no MAF on a 93') and some 93's are true odd *****. I'm wondering if swapping the parts off the 94' to the 95' would work out better (if the frame is still straight) than the other way round. The only thing Ellis will know for sure is the driveline - there might be some issues with length going from a V6 to V8 (and all sorts of other crap I'm too tired to think about right now).

If you are needing just the body parts your good to go. $800 is a good deal as long as all panels are straight and connectors aren't bent or toast.