Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Need Some Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 12:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Some Advice

Well guys latley i have had a thought in my head about selling the t/a. It is just getting to be to much of a pain in the *** with no garage to work on it.

Anyway i was thinking of a startin price of 17000, and was wondering what your opinions were, and if anyone up there is looking for a dedicated race that just needs a good home.

Any opinoins are welcome.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suggest you get a garage. But seriously you probably won't recoup any of the expense you have in the car. Throw it up on racing junk or something of that nature and everyone will low ball the **** out of you. But good luck with that though.

If you're parting it out i'll take some stuff off your hands.

Nate
Old 03-12-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

NO!!!!... Another bad *** project bites the dust.

For what its worth... I parted my 1985 vette and am halfway through sawz-all ing the remains down to fint in dumpsters. I cam out a bit under what a stock decent shape car would have sold for complete.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Veteran

I feel your pain, bud... the game's getting a bit too expensive for me, and getting to be more trouble than it's worth. That's why I'm thinking about either starting over with a car that's already done, or a stock car that I can do with a better plan, now that I've learned stuff from my own trials and errors.

Whatever you do, just make sure it's something you won't regret later.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

trust me guys I would like nothing more than to be able to drop the ne motor in and be done with it. Who knows i might see what i can get for it and if nothing comes close to what i wat I will just keep it. The good thing is that it's not a must sell item, just a pain in the ***. It's not the money factor it's just that i dont have the time for a house and all the **** that goes into it.

Like I said i would like to get 17000, but would be able to work with the right buyer, could even throw in the trailor.

But like i said not in a position were i have to sell it, but if i could get what i want for it i would sell it.

Anyone know anybody looking?
Old 03-12-2006, 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

Damn Jason, you too? Did someone poison the water or something???

I do feel your pain. Especially after working on the car for 2 days straight & it doesn't run right!!! Make sure you don't dump it cuz it's been out of commsion for months. Trust me, once you get it running again, it will be worth the wait & $.

Your car is certainly something someone should want. From what I've seen tho, you won't get anywhere near what the car is worth. Which is one reason I'll keep mine forever. But for the right person, it would be well worth what your thinking.

The worst part is if you do sell it, we might not hear from you again.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

You could store it in my garage, Jason. I'll even come down and get it. I won't even take it to the track (much).
Old 03-13-2006, 02:48 AM
10 Second Club

These cars do become a PITA when you mod them like we do! However, its just so much fun. I sometimes contemplate just keeping my car the way it is to ensure I won't break it and have to pay to fix it again, but then I won't get that satisfaction of going faster.

I'm eager to get more go fast parts, but I dread the day it breaks and I have to pay to fix it.

what to do, what to do..........
Old 03-13-2006, 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by howierd42
You could store it in my garage, Jason. I'll even come down and get it. I won't even take it to the track (much).
Shure just put up some cash, and it's all yours and you can race the **** out of it.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Damn Jason, you too? Did someone poison the water or something???

I do feel your pain. Especially after working on the car for 2 days straight & it doesn't run right!!! Make sure you don't dump it cuz it's been out of commsion for months. Trust me, once you get it running again, it will be worth the wait & $.

Your car is certainly something someone should want. From what I've seen tho, you won't get anywhere near what the car is worth. Which is one reason I'll keep mine forever. But for the right person, it would be well worth what your thinking.

The worst part is if you do sell it, we might not hear from you again.
you would still here from me cause If i do sell it i am just going to start over again. Just like ryan
i know once i get it back to the track i will be back in love but who knows when that will be.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just watched the whole vid, lmao w/ the theme song, loved that movie it was great. The vid was great, looked like you raced some fast cars there. Keep it would be what I would say. Just as the others have said you'll never get your money back unless you find that special buyer, which can be done. You could advertise it for free on a few websites and wait it out until you get your price. Plenty of ways to sell the car without paying for it, and being able to wait out your price.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Keep it.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...4413934&conly=
this guys looking