Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Fikse wheels anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fikse wheels anyone?

Anyone here running Fikse wheels ?
Not that I'm about to drop 3k on a set of wheels but are they worth it?
I can get a set of knock off chrome c6's opr z-06's in the size I want for the cost of one wheel for a Fikse. I know we're talking a major difference as well but at the price its a huge question. I also need to put tires on the wheels and a 315 30 18 isnt cheap either. Then deciding which wheels is tuff enough as well. You have the venrable fm5 but the profil series is nice as well either the 5s or the 5. Also what finish to get. I like polished but the race black intrigues me. Again knock offs in chrome are a lot cheaper either the c6 or the z-06. I want a 18x10.5-11 and 17x9.5 for my wheels.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ask Boyce
Old 03-28-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes they are worth it, if you have the money. They are very light and strong and have great customer service. Not too mention they are pretty much local if you have a problem. Although its alot of money for wheels for an F-body.

I would go Z06's I don't think the C6 wheels look good on F-bodies but that is just an opionion. Shoot Tomzwheels has a ridiculous special on black Z06's with tires right now.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

do it
Old 03-28-2006, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I could afford them I would be all over a set myself. I love the looks of them on Boyce's car. They have great construction benefits. If you can throw the coin, I would do it. But that's just my .02 .
Old 03-28-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the FM5s look good on Camaros

I love the FM10s on vettes though.

Do it!
Old 03-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Launching!

I have owned two sets of FM5's, one with black centers and one with silver, both with polished outer lips. I would definately buy them again. I have seen both on a black C4 and I would go with the silver, but thats my personal opinion. They get a lot of compliments.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:41 AM
FormerVendor

Chris you can't go wrong with the Fikse wheels. They are one of the best all forged wheels ever made. However they are spendy but well worth the money. If I had not got such a good deal on my GM GS wheels I would have went for the Fikses.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
Yes they are worth it, if you have the money. They are very light and strong and have great customer service. Not too mention they are pretty much local if you have a problem. Although its alot of money for wheels for an F-body.

I would go Z06's I don't think the C6 wheels look good on F-bodies but that is just an opionion. Shoot Tomzwheels has a ridiculous special on black Z06's with tires right now.
Heck, even with the $150 shipping that is a decent price.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

Fikse FM10 =
If I had the money I would own a set.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:37 PM
Banned

Well I've got enough money to buy one and a half wheels right now The thing is I can always put them on a vette if I ever get one but who knows. They are kind of tight(vette) sitting in for me so I might never. Why buy something that’s uncomfortable to drive. We'll see. If the wife ever knew I was gonna spend 3k on wheels she's freak. But then again if she only knew half of what I've spent she'd freak so what’s the difference
Old 03-29-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

If I had the money, I'd definately have some Fikse FM10s. But since I don't, there are other forged wheel makers out there that cost a little less. But it's not the same!
Old 03-29-2006, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

They are kind of tight(vette) sitting in for me so I might never. Why buy something that’s uncomfortable to drive.
I'm 6'4, 240lbs, and that is the exact reason why I didnt buy an F-body... I wanted one so bad, but I could not drive one, its too tight, same with the c5 vettes. I sat in one at Seaview and I could not even properly work the clutch. I ALMOST bought an 01 Mustang GT, black of course, because they are much roomier, but my Grandpa talked me out of it so I ended up with my next best choice, a Silverado. Basiclly my dream truck other than an SS.
I am happy with my choice, and most of the f-body go-fast parts are available for me too. Since, essensially its still an "LS-1" or Gen III V-8.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Hmm. I've sat in a Mustang and felt they do not have as much room, and have a more "chopped" roof. Maybe that was just me.

But Howard has gotta be 6'4" or so and drives an f-body
Old 03-29-2006, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

mabye my legs arent porportioned to my torso..

Its just MY personal experience, Ive driven both, and I think the Mustang is more comfy...I drove a 67 camaro also, when I was 15(2 weeks after my permit) and I thought THAT was a tight fit too, but Im just a fat *** tho
I'll tell you what, that was an experience for me, leaving the parking lot of the Black Anus in Everett, pulling out onto Evergreen Way, I hung it sideways across 3 lanes LoL my Dads cousin(owner of the car) told me to "f***** GO" ....so I did He though it was sweet and praised mmy slick recovery. It was a fun car too drive and was the fastest thing I'd ever driven. Until I got to test out a Mustang with some stuff done to it a couple years ago.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Banned

Its just keeps getting better, my mother just inherited a few bucks so she's giving us 1k. I'm up to 2 and a half wheels now or more. Unless I split the 1k with the wife. She'll find out about it so I cant hide it from her. Which wheels to get though. The fm5 looks kind of like the zr1 so it deosnt make a whole lo of sense to go that route does it? fm10 is nice, whats the difference between the fm10 and the profil 10?
Old 03-30-2006, 12:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Blanco, serious question.........what is your car worth? Is it worth investing what could be 20% or more of the value of it in wheels alone? Would you be able to get an insurance rider that protected the wheels specifically, in case (God forbid) the car was damaged, destroyed, wheels stolen, etc)???
Old 03-30-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Veteran

The knock off Z06 wheels (especially chrome) are HEAVY from what I've heard... I have OEM Z06 wheels and they are very light for their size. Just was a pain getting them to fit because the backspacing wasn't right for an F-body. But with a couple of 1/4" spacers and some pounding with the BFH, they fit fine.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Banned

The mods in my car are worth more than the car already so its really a moot point. The fact is my car is paid for, very fast,handles pretty damn good is in great shape except the front end paint and is very fast. I'm not going to be buying another car for a long time and when I do who knows what fuel it will run. I need a wider tire so I need new wheels, thats the whole reason for thinking about. If I was worried about re-sale value I would never have bought an American car in the first place. So really its a question that is relative to ones goals. There are some who think $3k on wheels for any car is a waste. Its an fbody and to some that means its not a worthy car. Its my car and that makes it worth it to me. If I could fine a 18x11 chrome ZR1 then I wouldn't need to buy a new set of wheels. Plus re-sale of Fikse isnt that hard. I'm looking for used ones now but they all get sold in a hurry. Good question though, dropping coin on these cars is not for all.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Veteran

I was just curious.......wasn't trying to slam you for your choice, I am all for people doing whatever they want since it is THEIR car. I just can't see ME dropping $3k or more on wheels + tires for my ride but if you want to and can, more power to ya.

Quick Reply: Fikse wheels anyone?