Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Good diagnostic place?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good diagnostic place?

Hey guys i dont get on here much to post i am so busy with my life but i just put in my new engine in my 93 camaro and its got a few problems.....

First off it misfires and is running really rich, i changed the spark plugs and wires triples checked every connection everything is good on that, and it shouldent be the opti because i bought a dynaspark and they are suppose to test everyone before they send them out so i pray it isnt that. What else can cause a mis fire or the car to run rich? it may not be misfiring maybe just hesitating from running too rich?

Second my speedo and my temperature gauge do not work but all my other gauges work which is weird....these are probably the 2 most important ones i want working haha so what can cause this? Could it be a problem with the tune? If the temp gauge isnt working right can this cause the car to run rich because the computer thinks its running cold all the time?

The engine is golens 383 400 hp package its on there websight if you need the specs, it was also tuned by them i think they go through moates for tuning. Thanks, i know this thing is so close to running right but i just cant figure out the problem i know its got more power in her since its running so rich.

I need a good place to take the car to have it diagnosted but i dont trust alot of people The car is obd1 also, so it uses a prom chip, and i dont know if its harder to diagnose with that?
Old 06-13-2006, 08:11 PM
10 Second Club

Do you have any codes? Is the SES light on?
Old 06-13-2006, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

I havent scanned for codes, but no the ses light doesnt come on.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Depends on how far you want to take it, Blood Enterprises is a reliable, experienced shop, but they are down in the Renton area, worth the trip IMO. They are a bit pricey, but they do what they say they are gonna, when they said they would, and are very interested in your needs etc and are communicative. All plus points in my book.

Quick Reply: Good diagnostic place?