Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Just thinking about it FS

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006 | 04:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Just thinking about it FS

After 2 years of not being able to get my car on the road I am thinking about selling it. Depends on what happens in the next month or so.

Its an 87 Iroc z that had a 350 in it but that changed 2yrs ago now the engine that is getting ready to be mated to it is the stock 350 that was bored over to a 355. AFR 190 CC heads (took me a year to save up the cash for these), a Mach serp belt set up, plus a HSR set up all ready to go. Many many more parts.

The tranny is an Elis 700r4 that I bought off of Corey.
The grand total of just the rebuilding the engine & all the parts is well over $5k now.

Dont know what kind of price I will put on it but If anyone may be intrested in it let me know. Will not part it out if the car goes so does the engine.
Old 12-28-2006 | 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

If you decide to part or maybe sell the engine separately I might be interested but I don't have any need for a Camaro body :-(
Old 12-28-2006 | 11:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Amorget
If you decide to part or maybe sell the engine separately I might be interested but I don't have any need for a Camaro body :-(
Aaaww c'mon dude, you won't even notice one more 3rd gen out there at your place.
Old 12-28-2006 | 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah, but it is a Camaro...
Old 12-28-2006 | 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

T-Top or hardtop? Mother in law is kind of in the market for one, she doesn't like her current RS because her tops leak... Has to be drivable also, if you come up with a price let me know, can relay it, but can't guarentee anything.
Old 12-28-2006 | 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

T-top NOt driveable since the engine is out side of the car. Heck If it was driveable I wouldnt be thinking about selling it. All the parts were bought in Aug & I was suppose to have help putting it together & installing it since Dan & I both dont know how to do it. (there is some stuff that has to be primed & other stuff we dont know how to do) But That help fell through. Promises Made & then Broken time after time.

Doug I dont know if your birdy body could handle the Drag racing engine that this engine is suppose to be. lol
Old 12-28-2006 | 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Father in law is a mechanic, and as it stands right now, he has two third gens he already has to put together, then has to fix their current camaro and replace parts on the sister in laws car that she constantly breaks, then on top of that he has his Indy Mustang he has to piece together with me riding his *** to set a week of vacation time so I can help him. Don't think he would take another car to have to put together unfortunately, as neat as it sounds.

Will say something to a few friends though, can't promise anything though.
Old 12-30-2006 | 01:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why don't you KEEP a car long enough to see it finished?
Old 12-30-2006 | 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Compstall
Where is the fun in that?!?!
Old 12-30-2006 | 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Compstall
I am hoping to This was just to see if anyone would be intrested in it if I cant get anyone to come help me.

Brent, My brother in law is the family Mech around here, He has put together so many engines its not even funny. (The only thing Dan & I have done was put together a crate motor that was already broken in for the most part.We know nothing about how to go about doing this kind of stuff. thats why the wait is all on him.) The brother in law has been promising me for months (since August) that he will come over to help us, But now he has his own little project. Just picked up a 72 Camaro for 500 that needs rebuilt. He isnt willing to come & help. I dont beg him for ANYTHING, because if you tick him off you might as well forget any thing he has promised you.

The only thing I have ask him to do is come help us put the engine back together & put it in, this should only take a day at the most. Dan & I can do the wiring & what have you. We should be able to fire her up even though she will run rough until I can get the new computer system for her, I have $134 left to go out of $200. (unless someone wants to come through my garage to find any 3rd gen stuff they want I got tons of it including most of the org tpi set up for this engine)
Old 12-30-2006 | 04:43 PM
TECH Veteran

There are way too many third gens in Woodinville/Totem Lake are that are in various stages of upgrading - I have no idea why that is. Try posting a craigslist of parts for this area, you may be able to clear out the garage fairly quickly.
Old 12-30-2006 | 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GEARHED
There are way too many third gens in Woodinville/Totem Lake are that are in various stages of upgrading - I have no idea why that is. Try posting a craigslist of parts for this area, you may be able to clear out the garage fairly quickly.
We were going to do that this weekend.

found out today I cant work on my car for a while yet. My dad is back in the hospital & is heading to a Long term care place. which means I have to clear out his apartment * his storeage shed of RC Planes that are 20yrs old or older.
Old 12-31-2006 | 01:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Wow! I bet those would be fun to play with

We need to have a bigass garage sale. There are a couple of folks here that have stuff they want to sell (including us) and this is a good area for it. Let me know if you need help or would like to do that.
Old 12-31-2006 | 04:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow! I bet those would be fun to play with

We need to have a bigass garage sale. There are a couple of folks here that have stuff they want to sell (including us) and this is a good area for it. Let me know if you need help or would like to do that.
Well whats not sold of the car stuff by Feb is going to the swapmeet at the puyallup fair grounds. Including dans truck
Old 12-31-2006 | 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Do you have a semi complete list of what you have for sale?
Old 12-31-2006 | 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have a semi complete list of what you have for sale?
All from camaros I dont think I have any of my Bird stuff left.
Heads from the L98, Almost complete TPI set up (missing wiring Harness)
I think we have a complete Black interior set up (not sure), Airboxes complete for L98, GFX pieces, Non Gird Lights, couple of Noses One I know is an early SC nose the other one I think is off of my brother in laws 90 RS Vert.

To really Know for sure what I have I have to go out in the garage. & search the pile.
Old 12-31-2006 | 02:17 PM
TECH Resident

I might be interested in the complete black interior... always on the look out for that. Do you have a spare set of seats? One of my co-workers has a 91 Camaro Z28 so I am on the lookout for some parts for her, too.
Old 12-31-2006 | 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I might be interested in the complete black interior... always on the look out for that. Do you have a spare set of seats? One of my co-workers has a 91 Camaro Z28 so I am on the lookout for some parts for her, too.
We may I am not sure what we have back in the garage. But my brother in law is giving us a set of black leather type seats for the 89 Rs so the Complete set of Gray we have for the 89 May go up for sale. I dont know yet.

What we dont get sold before Feb is heading down to the swapmeet. I have to fill uot that information soon.
Old 12-31-2006 | 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Currently brother in law must of gotten sick of listening to the gripping. Dan called him to day to ask him about something on The 89 & Asked him if he was ever going to come over to help wiht my car. & we are getting together NEXT weekend WOOOOHOOOOOOO. Now lets see if it really happens.
Old 12-31-2006 | 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

There are way too many third gens in Woodinville/Totem Lake are that are in various stages of upgrading - I have no idea why that is.
I do

Quick Reply: Just thinking about it FS