Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Order Is Restored

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 05:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order Is Restored

I got my MS relay box built & installed. I still have to connect the 12V for the relays & make sure it runs on MS still, but it runs on the PCM side (NC side of the relays for you techies). Whew, now at least I can't get back to work on "the list".

Right now I need to take down Xmas lites to keep the little woman happy.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Quiter

Glad it is up again
Old 01-01-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn I was hoping to get a screaming deal on a megasquirt too Just kidding ! I hope it finally works the way you need it to. If it does then I want a ride, I haven't been in your car since it was limping along with "only" 5xx rwhp I need to see what 6xx hp feels like haha !
Old 01-01-2007, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

Quiter?! I'll have you know I spent $50 on this damn relay box & a full day building & installing it to TRY to give us time to make MS work....oh yeah, I told that sob story already.....never mind. I am going to try to quit smoking stoggies tomorrow. Does that count?

And you may still get it Bill. The ride for sure. When the meth kicks in it's FUN!
Old 01-02-2007, 12:47 AM
TECH Regular

Come to think of it I have "driven" your car more times than I have fingers and toes and yet I have never gotten a real ride. Maybe you should just have a take a ride in Marks car day and charge admission. Could help pay for the next round of mods.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Quiter?! ...... I am going to try to quit smoking stoggies tomorrow.
SAY IT AIN"T SO!!!

.... and I brought you back a Hubanos from Mexico too. Oh well, guess I'll smoke it my self.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
SAY IT AIN"T SO!!!

.... and I brought you back a Hubanos from Mexico too. Oh well, guess I'll smoke it my self.
I SAID I'M QUITTING.......I can probably force that bad boy down SOMEHOW! And my car is running again, so I cna actually come over & work on the piping. When will you be around Don?

And here are some pics of the relay box I built. It works in both settings. And I've been tweaking the HPTune....seems to be getting better too.
Attached Thumbnails Order Is Restored-msrelaybox.jpg   Order Is Restored-msrelaybox2.jpg   Order Is Restored-msrelayboxinstalled.jpg  
Old 01-04-2007, 01:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I SAID I'M QUITTING.......I can probably force that bad boy down SOMEHOW! And my car is running again, so I cna actually come over & work on the piping. When will you be around Don?

And here are some pics of the relay box I built. It works in both settings. And I've been tweaking the HPTune....seems to be getting better too.
I'm around until Sunday - then it's off on one of your fanstatic airplanes for 2-3 weeks.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:53 AM
10 Second Club

Sweet, keep me employed buddy. You got plans for Friday? (meaning would you be around to help me if I need it.....& burn one down of course)
Old 01-04-2007, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

Oh, and for you tuner-cats, I made the following changes to my tune...both had a desired affect on the idle

Changed Min Inj Pulse Width from 3.997 to 1.7.....probably need to increase this to ~2.0, but it immediately started & idled better (it also changed all of the LTFTs at idle to +25 even tho it ran perfectly)

Changed ALL of the VE Table cells in the idle area to 60....again, I may need to tweak a few up or down 1 or 2 points, but they were ranging from 20 to 55, and this made a BIG difference in the cold surging. All of the idle LTFTs are now at +2.

I'm still looking for the proper Cold Start modifier to make it richer when it's cold so I can lean it out a little if I need to (my car likes running rich, but this combo burns the eyes) but applying what I learned from the MS encounter seems to have helped a bunch.