Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Winter Weather

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Winter Weather

How is the weather up north? You may want to brace yourselves if it hasn't already started. I came in to work this morning around 6:30 with no snow on the ground, and now 3 hours later is atleast 3" maybe more.

PS - Mikey.....you better make it in to work, you bum. I know you know how to drive in this stuff.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

It's been snowing the seattle area since about 4am. I had a slip sliding good time on the way into work today. Slow-Mo Posi is a blast.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Regular

It's been a mix here so the roads are just slushy.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing

PS - Mikey.....you better make it in to work, you bum. I know you know how to drive in this stuff.
LOL,, I'm home and enjoying it!! It's 10:30 and it's still snowing pretty good. News reports are saying there's a chance of freezing rain later today for the Portland/Vancouver areas. That should make it interesting on top of all this snow lol....

I know how to drive in this crap, but it's everyone else that worries me. I can't prevent a socker mom from sliding into my car because she isn't experienced with driving in these conditions. I was watching the news, and saw a Jeep Wrangler stuck on a very very slight incline,,,,, IN 2WD!! Dumbass doesn't even know how to operate his own 4WD transfer case lol...!!

See, there are advantages to coming in later than 6:30am lol..... My school is closed today, so it's a snow day for me,,,, SUCKA!

Mike
Old 01-16-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Good couple inches here by 7am or so.....enough to close down the kid's school and "let" us take them sledding on the nearby hill.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
LOL,, I'm home and enjoying it!! It's 10:30 and it's still snowing pretty good. News reports are saying there's a chance of freezing rain later today for the Portland/Vancouver areas. That should make it interesting on top of all this snow lol....

I know how to drive in this crap, but it's everyone else that worries me. I can't prevent a socker mom from sliding into my car because she isn't experienced with driving in these conditions. I was watching the news, and saw a Jeep Wrangler stuck on a very very slight incline,,,,, IN 2WD!! Dumbass doesn't even know how to operate his own 4WD transfer case lol...!!

See, there are advantages to coming in later than 6:30am lol..... My school is closed today, so it's a snow day for me,,,, SUCKA!

Mike
lol. I know exactly what you are saying. More than half of the office did not come in. about 9 here and most leaving at noon.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

We still have a lot of snow here...I walked up to the road today and took this picture..You can't even see where the driveway ends and the road begins...

And here is our Driveway looking up toward the road...

Old 01-16-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check this out:

http://www.king5.com/sharedcontent/V...andhomevid.wmv

From Portland this morning.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Damn I wish there was more snow here so I could go play! I have studded Nokian Hakkas in 195 in the rear and uber skinny 165 in front and now my rear "differential" is permanently locked, my Volvo owns in the snow!

I am also currently overstocked on Hakkas in 195/65R15 so if anybody needs a set of barely (under 25 miles) used studded snows, let me know.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tylerb59
Check this out:

Oh yeah that dude in the Volvo/Lexus deserves an award for that performance!

After bouncing off the first set of cars did he back off? Oh heck no. The telephone pole? Nah. The tree? Not. The wall? No, let go for a high score combo shot! Ch-ching!

On second thought, he should have his license revoked!
Old 01-17-2007, 12:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tylerb59
Check this out:

That first one looked like they were TRYING to hit all the poles at that intersection. That must have been the soccer mom I was avoiding this morning by staying home LOL....

Mike
Old 01-17-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah that video has been viewed so many times. That guy (interviewed) was on the brakes the entire time. It isn't real visible in that video, but that is a steep hill. At that same intersection a fire truck got hit by 2 more cars. Very entertaining though.