Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

F*ck Becu!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default F*ck Becu!!!

OMG, I HATE BECU. I applied for a credit car last night, and guess what they said no. I have a car loan and a line of credit with them, AND HAVE NEVER MADE A LATE PAYMENT! Stupid god damn under-writers. Whats so stupid is they say the reason is lack of credit history and not enough income. Yet when I got my line of credit it was for twice as much as I asked for on the card, and I had ZERO credit history. But the thing that pissed me off the most wasn't the fact that they said no to the amount that I asked for, its that they didn't send a counter offer. So this is what I say to BECU, I'm going to Wa-Mu. My moms got an account there anyways.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It happens. Must have something to do with your debt to income ratio. credit cards are easy to come by but finding a good apr can be difficult.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but (not knowing the whole story) I wouldn't necessarily blame BECU for your credit situation. Maybe they have a conservative approach when it comes to extending credit, I don't know. I have been with them for something like 15 years now and they have always treated me well. Beats the hell out of most banks anyway.

I have had limited dealings with WaMu but have been happy with them on those occasions as well. They would be on my short list if I ever went looking for something else. Hey, as long as its not ScrewFirst (or Bank of America or whatever they call themselves these days) its probably okay

Hope it works out for you...
Old 02-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Launching!

sorry to hear that. I agree I have been with becu for 3 years never had a prob. good luck to u.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Well different products can go through different underwriting requirements. And as weird as it sounds sometimes banks will lend with no credit over limited credit. You can apply w/ me @ KeyBank and even though we are not to tell scores or info off the credit bureau I would be glad to share. Actually you may even want to start banking with us on the 18th since we are going to be giving away digital cameras to new clients!
Old 02-02-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

I will say banks are definately not the same today as they were 2, 5, 10, 20 yrs ago. I'm 24 and have seen a lot of changes since working in the industry. 1 1/2 with Seafirst/BofA, 4 yrs at US Bank, and now a year here at KeyBank. I do have to say US Bank is really going downhill in service/fees. I am stealing client left and right... I never say our checking is better than x bank because they are pretty much the same everywhere. It comes down to relationships which is why I am sticking with KeyBank. The focus here is to be a large bank with a community outlook and I do see it. Again sorry to hear that you are frustrated but it really is more the industry. We may approve you on a credit card and decline a car loan while they are the opposite...
Old 02-02-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Regular

thats nothing a fellow employee just told me today that BECU was used by the dealership he bought a car from 3 years ago and he went in and paid it in full less then a week after he bought it and just recently got a call from them saying he owes them $7,000.00 because for the week he had the loan with them he didnt have full coverage insurance on the car so they say they charged him 100.00 for that and have been waiting for him to pay it for three years and due to charges etc. he now owes $7,000.00 for a car he paid off less then a week after it was financed and the lady on the phone even had the odasity to call him STUPID. WTF ???????????
Old 02-03-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ssdriver27
thats nothing a fellow employee just told me today that BECU was used by the dealership he bought a car from 3 years ago and he went in and paid it in full less then a week after he bought it and just recently got a call from them saying he owes them $7,000.00 because for the week he had the loan with them he didnt have full coverage insurance on the car so they say they charged him 100.00 for that and have been waiting for him to pay it for three years and due to charges etc. he now owes $7,000.00 for a car he paid off less then a week after it was financed and the lady on the phone even had the odasity to call him STUPID. WTF ???????????
Now that is an odd one... He just needs to show record that it was paid off and ask for proof that they tried to collect that debt.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Regular

yea he just turned it over to his lawyer hes been going back and forth with them for the last week he simply recorded some phone conversations and recorded all the calls (16 calls) on the day his new daughter was born harrassing him over it and they obviously know he paid it off that week after. I guess they said they just finally tracked him down after 3 years and that its his fault for not giving them his contact info. rediculous.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

LSxChevelle, no offense but I wouldn't do business with Keybank if they paid ME to.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
LSxChevelle, no offense but I wouldn't do business with Keybank if they paid ME to.
Must of had a bad experience?? This is my 3rd bank I have worked at and I always heard bad things about KeyBank aka FeeBank however a lot has changed in the past couple years and we have some of the best products on the market. Just gave a guy a 6mo CD @ 5.45% APY, have a liquid savings paying 4.84% APY, 6.99% 30 yr equity loan up to 90% LTV, etc... Anything that came down to rate or pricing vs. other banks/credit unions I have been able to beat or at least match. At this time I honestly feel like Key is offering the best products and I am saying that based on knowing what other banks offer. As far as banking goes I would not want to work anywhere else but Key.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I got some good news. I got a card from a bank that really caters (sp) to people either wanting to builf new credit, or rebuild credit. So I am feeling much better. But I still think I'm going to switch to Wa-Mu because of my mom having an account there.

Quick Reply: F*ck Becu!!!