Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Exhaust idea

Old 04-04-2007, 12:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Exhaust idea

Well, the magnaflow cat-back is wasted on the Camaro I bought. Previous owner decided to back into a sidewalk and bent the crap out of it. Well, I've been thinking about what to do and this is my solution. True duals with electric cutouts using Warlock style mufflers. The wiring would incorporate a nitrous micro throttle switch to activate the cutouts at WOT as long as master power is supplied to the system. Another switch would also apply ground to the system to over-ride the throttle switch and allow the cut outs to be open full time. Any thoughts or suggestions before I begin? Here's a sketch.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's not the way the cutouts work. You supply +12v and ground to open it, and then switch the polarity to close, so you'll probably have to switch around your design a little bit. Also, you can't just keep power going to them trying to open/close or it will fry the motor, so you will need some sort of timed box.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, cutouts aren't going to do hardly anything if you exhaust system is already free flowing. Exhaust is just like hydraulics or electricity. It is going to take the path of least resistance. There is no reason for it to go out the cutout since your exhaust already has little back pressure. I always thought they were a good idea to put behind headers and then have a stock catback. Quiet 90% fo the time and loud/free flowing only when you want. I like the Dynomax Ultraflows for this very same reason. They flow crazy CFM even at 2.5" size and are fairly quiet at part throttle cuise and idle, but nice and deep/sort of loud at WOT. I ran dual 2.5 Ultraflows on my nitrous setup and am going to run dual 3" ultraflows on my turbo setup.

Search this Thread