Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Yearly Race

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yearly Race

Today was just to nice to sit at home on my *** so I invented a reason to take the Olds on a little trip about 100 miles East to Olympia Wa.
On the way home, I'm driving up into some hills and this Dodge Diesel pulls up along side.
I'm not sure if was a half or three quarter ton but it had no badges on it and had a big sticker on the rear window that said NHRDA and then another that said in smaller letters, "Got Diesel"

We both are looking over each others rides and I notice this guy is running a single exhaust. I look closer. Geeze, it looks bigger than a 3 inch.
It's fuggin HUGE.
Then I look at the guys driver side post and it's got three gague pods mounted on it.
I roll down the window and hear what sounds like a very loud Turbo.
Sounds like I'm driving next to a Kenworth.
All at once the guy hammers it from 60 and we're off.
My front bumper is about even with his back when we started and we're really moving.
That thing is pouring huge amounts of black smoke out the back and
the air comming out of the exhaust sounds like a hurricane. Kinda like a loud ripping noise.
Well, by the time we get to 100 he's put a car length on me.
Beat by a pick up Diesel.
I let him go as it was a clean kill on his part.
My Olds was running like a top and pulled strong. No excuses.
I sure would like to know what he was running.
One thing I noticed was that he suffered quite a bit of turbo lag otherwise he would have done even better.

DT
Old 04-07-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a good race. I love those diesels. I have always thought it'd be cool to have one. He probably had a tuner, and maybe a turbo. Just a Bullydog tuner on one of those things can yield 200 more hp, and 450 torque! Those things are just insane. Anyways good death, I'm surprised he could keep from staring at your car for long enough to race.

PS: I love your location... seems familiar.