Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

my buddy

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my buddy

my buddy has a 1999 dodge ram 4*4 truck. he was wondering how to get passed the 2 sensors on the stock exhaust. it has high flow cats with a sensor in front of the cats and one behind. he was talking to someone and they said the only way to do it is this buy this off road kit but the catch is u have to prove it is a off road vec. only. any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

Register in Whatcom or many other counties that don't require emissions
Old 04-23-2007, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ram4384
my buddy has a 1999 dodge ram 4*4 truck. he was wondering how to get passed the 2 sensors on the stock exhaust. it has high flow cats with a sensor in front of the cats and one behind. he was talking to someone and they said the only way to do it is this buy this off road kit but the catch is u have to prove it is a off road vec. only. any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
THIS IS LS1TECH... NOT DODGE TECH OR WHATEVER GAYNESS THEY HAVE! IS YOUR BABY BORN YET?!? GOSH HURRY UP MAN, I WANT YOU TO GO AND HAVE YOUR BABY SO U CAN GIVE ME YOUR CAR!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Launching!

I will give u my car when u give me ur car. Even trade. straight across. How was ur training?
Old 04-25-2007, 01:51 AM
Teching In

What your friend needs is a set of MIL (malfunction indicator light) eliminators to install in between the plug for the (downstream)O2 sensors and the sensors themselves. it will send the correct voltage back to the ECM "fooling" it into thinking everything is kosher. Normally they run about $40 or so...... Another way to do it is to get a handheld tuning unit/chip and turn off the downstream sensors all together

MY guess would be that your friends check engine light is on, right ? The high flow cats, flowing more are not causing enough of a difference in the reading between the upstream ( before Cat) and downstream ( after cat) causing the issue.

That being said, you said you'd have your cam,full exhaust, and new wheels/tires on by the end of March. Is it on? Thought I saw you and it seemed you were still 100% stock...........