Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Weekend Plans

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 02:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Test and Tune on Friday (gates open at 3pm, racing starts at 4, goes til about 8)
I will probably go from 4ish til about 7 (when I need to go to work)

then Sat is CCC event
I will be going strait to the track from work
Old 08-22-2007, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what's up with that post count. No biggie though. I don't plan on being a post ***** on the LS1 forums. I just don't have the knowledge....er, testicular fortitude yet. YET!!!
As for that 1 year thing, you guys should be at one year in Oct, and I'll be at one year in Dec. Doing something a little more my trade would be nice, but I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

It only counts if you post in "real forums" Like tech stuff, no off topic or area forums.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by My1st Truck
It only counts if you post in "real forums" Like tech stuff, no off topic or area forums.

including regional forums?

that's where 90% of my posts are
Old 08-23-2007, 10:53 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kens03cobra
Mike, Russ, Ryan, Sean etc....

I am in beautiful down f town Wenatchee right now , but trying to free up my schedule to make it to Seattle for the weekend.... looks like I may be on the base Monday doing some recruiting...

Sat, Sun, or Mon night perhaps for a few cold ones as I see it...

Whos in?

Ken
sat I'm planning on racing,
then going to bellingham for the night

how about monday in Seattle?

August WABL event @ Big Time Brewery

Big Time is inviting WABL members on Monday, August 27th to enjoy some of their seasonals and good company! In addition to their fabulous five regular beers (Pale, Amber, Porter, Bhag and Fire), there will be Sunbreak Blonde, Buster's Brown Ale, Matt's Red Eye IPA (probably, if it lasts), Yardbird Wheat (if it lasts), and the last of the Latona 20th Anniversary special Double Decade. There's also a decent possibility that Powderfinger Rye will also be on. For the special WABL night beers, Big Time brewer Bill promised to put together a keg of Brown Bombshell Coffee Brown Ale and a dry-hopped keg of Pale with hops that his son picked from their front yard!

WABL members will get the daily special pint price (.50 cents off regular price). Plus there will be trivia quizzes to win some giveaway items too. As always, please bring your WABL Passport with you!

August WABL Party @ Big Time Brewery

Monday, August 27th, 5pm-

Big Time Brewery

4133 University Ave. NE
Seattle, WA 98105
(206) 545-4509

www.bigtimebrewery.com
Old 08-24-2007, 12:27 AM
Launching!

I plan on being there tomorrow, FRIDAY, will go from there..

should I run the rental

Ken
Old 08-24-2007, 02:33 AM
11 Second Club

I plan on being there tomorrow, FRIDAY, will go from there..

should I run the rental

Ken

yes,

yes you should
Old 08-25-2007, 11:41 PM

Dam Russ, what are you going to B'ham for? I just got back from there. My dad came into town yesterday. I drove from Sea-Tac to B'ham in the Avi during rush hour with all the traffic. I'm so glad I didn't take the WRX. My *** would have been swollen, and my knee would have been sore.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I just have to ask...Do you really have pink wheels or is that a photoshop job? And if you do have pink wheels...why?
Old 08-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Ok, I just have to ask...Do you really have pink wheels or is that a photoshop job? And if you do have pink wheels...why?

I think they match his nails

Ken
Old 08-26-2007, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Alrighty, here's the story. The original color of those wheels was bronze and they started to flake, so I bought another set just like them in silver to have as my daily wheels. I was going to have the bronze ones powder coated a bright color to use as my track wheel with track tires. I couldn't decide between "Cherry Blossom Red" (aslo know as STI pink), orange, or bright green. Remember it had to be obnoxious. When I went to Kitsap powder coating to pick out colors, the guy who owned the place said, (and I quote) "I'm going to tell you about pink". Which gave me a worry. He said, "men are going to question your sexuality with pink". Which doesn't bother me a bit, because I know I like females and don't care what people think anyway. Then he said, "but you put any color on there, orange, green, whatever, and people will see it. But if you put pink on a car, no one will ever forget it." He then showed me a picture of his 1923 T-Bucket that had a 500hp gold and chrome plated motor/chassis and a body painted pink with light blue flames. So needless to say, he kind of convinced me. However, if you know anything about Subaru's, you would know that STI (the performance market for Subaru) has there trademark color as pink or "cherry blossom red" as they call it. Well, Kyle at discount put them on for me, and it brought a smile to my face, so I have left them on ever since. Besides, I haven't purchased my race tires yet, so my silver ones are sitting in my house. Also, the orange I had selected didn't match the silver as well as the pink did.

So, does that make more sense now? Hope so. The other thing is that ever since I have put those on, like he said, everyone knows my car with those wheels, and girls frickin LOVE it, and I like girls who like my car.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Nice attempt to rationalize being

You are right on one account, people will remember your car, but it is how they remember it you should be concerned with.

ie.."Have you seen that HOMO with the PINK ( ) wheels?"

nuff said..

Ken
Old 08-28-2007, 12:08 AM

ie.."Have you seen that HOMO with the PINK ( ) wheels, blow the doors off that SVT?"

Editted for truth....HAHAHAHA Wouldn't be the first time I ran down a Lightning, but thats why I have the truck now. Much more civil and grow up. *cough* and a chevy.

I all seriousness though, it's just a color and did does it's purpose by giving you guys something to talk about. Even if you are homo-phobe.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Makes sense to me I should have known better coming from a "Homo Ricer" since I am a Homo-phobe...
Old 08-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Fair enough, just having a lil fun....but you can't beat all SVT's
Old 08-29-2007, 07:30 PM
11 Second Club

just yours
Old 09-01-2007, 11:52 PM

lol...it's all good

Originally Posted by KrautBurner
just yours
Funny thing is, an old friend of mine had a SVT Cobra. I took him for a ride in my car and he was wide eye'd on every turn I took at how well my car handled. He took me for a ride in his '03 and I was wide eye'd at the torque and power of it's straight line speed. Once we were next to each other *cough* "at the track" *cough* and he definately pulled on me, but not by much. He had a few things done, like exhaust, pulley, and a pulley tensioner. I believe he ran 12.3 at the track before he sold it for a truck. That little run also was on my old motor as well, which has since gone to "car heaven". My best time with this motor, (and look at these numbers carefully) was a 14.0 @ 108mph. If I could learn how to launch with this launch control, it's easily a 12 sec car. One of these days, I'll replace that little baby turbo for a something that might make some real power.
As far as the pink wheels go, the comments I get are always funny. They make me laugh. There are 3 people with pink wheels on the Subaru's in the NW, and two of the three are guys.