Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Now for something a little different

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 11:49 PM
T is for Towing not Turbo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Now for something a little different

So you guys remember Josh with Ryan's old green TDI Jetta that raced with us for NW F-body last year? Well, the stock turbo finally gave up the ghost, plain snapped the turbo shaft. That in turn pumped the intake full of oil, whole bunch of stuff. Well the turbo was completely toast, so time for a bigger better one. Since the entire intake had to be taken off cause it was full of oil, he put a whole new intake tract with much bigger pipes and a nice front mount intercooler on it too. Finally got it started up tonight, and with no tuning, put it under a little load and WOW, that's a lotta smoke! Anyway, here's a little video clip from tonight when we fired it up. Should be interesting next year if he finds some tires for it. Ran 16.6x last year but the mph was 86 or 87, and she should run well over 90 now, so if he can get this thing outta the hole without lighting up the tires, she should go into the lower 15's next year. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qx068F8ZEE

Brian
Old 11-20-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool! I blew up my stock turbo a few weeks ago and hopefully I will have a similar video after this weekend
Old 11-21-2007, 12:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn that thing is louder then my D-max! Should be faster now to

Good Job!