Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

sold the pickup

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sold the pickup

After 11 years of owning my old pickup (72 GMC), I sold it today. It's kinda a sad day for me as I put A LOT of work into over the years, learned tons about vehicles. I've had it since my Junior year of HS. It wasn't my first vehicle, but it might as well as been. Many of you saw it a few years ago out at CCC, as it ran high 15s

But the good news is, now I have money to work on the 68 that I'm doing my restoration on. I have enough money that I should be able to get fairly close to getting it on the road (not finished though). The drivetrain will be in stock form at that point (as in stock 5.3L and stock 4L60E), the interior probably won't be finished, and it will probably be in primer. Hopefully I'll have enough to get the wheels on it (20s ).
Old 03-16-2008, 01:51 AM
On The Tree

well shows wher ther is an end ther is a new beginning. if u need help let me know hopefuly the boat wont keep me. i finally learned how to add fuel to the computer.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
After 11 years of owning my old pickup (72 GMC), I sold it today. It's kinda a sad day for me as I put A LOT of work into over the years, learned tons about vehicles. I've had it since my Junior year of HS. It wasn't my first vehicle, but it might as well as been. Many of you saw it a few years ago out at CCC, as it ran high 15s

But the good news is, now I have money to work on the 68 that I'm doing my restoration on. I have enough money that I should be able to get fairly close to getting it on the road (not finished though). The drivetrain will be in stock form at that point (as in stock 5.3L and stock 4L60E), the interior probably won't be finished, and it will probably be in primer. Hopefully I'll have enough to get the wheels on it (20s ).
Hmmm. 5.3 huh? I think you may be trying to pull a fast one on us. LOL Good luck with the build and I sent you a PM also. Take care man. It was nice meeting you today.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

OK, so thanks to Manalishi my plans have changed a little. Now the truck will have an LS1 in it I got "new" pistons and rods on their way to fix the engine!
Old 03-16-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the sale. That was one sweet truck. I would like to do something similar with my 85 Dodge ½ ton. It has the old school truck look and is rust/dent free. Lower it, 20's and my old LS6, what a rod. Once you do yours maybe you can give some pointers?
Robert