Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

***So riddle me this...***

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's amazing. I was thinking about moving my base of operations myself. i have been notified that someone complained and they are taking my mod status again, and they already got my personal web site banned. same people doing it (not staff or admin). Things are changing for the worse it seems. i mean, I work my freaking azz off for this site and put mucho time into it, and then no one stands up for me when it's needed, I guess what i do really means not much. maybe i only think I help the site out, lol. Anyway, let me know if we find another site to go to, if that's what you guys decide. I am almost at my limit with the politics of the site that's for sure, and wonder if I have any fight left or if it's worth the effort. It's a shame, i have never ever fealt this way before and have always cultivated new members from other sites.
Robert
Old 04-16-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Things that have never changed even under new ownership:

Non-racing or joke threads move to racers lounge. Copied posts have expiration dates built into the database so you know where they went.

Posting names or links to sites with the same sponsors here are deleted or moved to the trash. Personal sites with no sponsors are left alone.

Other moderators can and will delete or move threads that are not listed as moderators in this forum. They are senior moderators who come across a topic they do not feel is deemed appropriate for the site overall.

Inappropriate images, avatars or signatures are deleted.

Members attacking other members were banned.

Since the change in ownership:
Inappropriate images, avatars or signatures are deleted. Infractions are used with the new feature instead of banning.

Members are warned/infraction with posts removed for attacking other members instead of being banned.

As for threads being moved out of this forum, it happens about once every 3 months compared to 3 moves out of one forum per day. Look at the last three pages - what would qualify as "racer lounge" material stayed for local input.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

I dont think any jokes should be moved out of regional forums. They are for our buddies that we talk to...
Old 04-16-2008, 01:35 PM
T is for Towing not Turbo

Originally Posted by LSxChevelle
I dont think any jokes should be moved out of regional forums. They are for our buddies that we talk to...

That pretty much sums up the exact point of this thread.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GEARHED

Members attacking other members were banned.
How long did it take you to come up with all of this? 3 days?

That is the funniest thing I've read all day! So under the new ownership you just let all those banned members come back? Are your eyes brown?

Old 04-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
It's amazing. I was thinking about moving my base of operations myself. i have been notified that someone complained and they are taking my mod status again, and they already got my personal web site banned. same people doing it (not staff or admin). Things are changing for the worse it seems. i mean, I work my freaking azz off for this site and put mucho time into it, and then no one stands up for me when it's needed, I guess what i do really means not much. maybe i only think I help the site out, lol. Anyway, let me know if we find another site to go to, if that's what you guys decide. I am almost at my limit with the politics of the site that's for sure, and wonder if I have any fight left or if it's worth the effort. It's a shame, i have never ever fealt this way before and have always cultivated new members from other sites.
Robert
I agree Robert, now that I've stepped on the pile I can see exactly where your coming from.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

So why wasnt the members attacking me banned?

OH that must have been under the old ownership?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:06 AM
11 Second Club

You guys sure do bitch alot!!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by crazylane
You guys sure do bitch alot!!!!
I agree... No people should not attack one another however when someone comes back and is being respectable leave it at that. This whole bitching about the past is lame. Let's move on for ***** sake!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

I agree... No people should not attack one another however when someone comes back and is being respectable leave it at that. This whole bitching about the past is lame. Let's move on for ***** sake!

Thought this thread was about posts being moved!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:45 PM
T is for Towing not Turbo

Originally Posted by wws699
Thought this thread was about posts being moved!
It is...everybody has to get their .02 in tho. And just the simple threads too...don't even care about the bashing threads, they can do with them what they see fit, but the ones that get moved to the lounge from here, the regional section, is all this post was talking about...nice and simple. That's it.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Regular

I haven't once seen anything out of line here. Never noticed posts get moved, but I can say I do enjoy the jokes and non-car related stuff. Thought the combo of it all was what this section was for.

It's not like we have 20 people a day asking if 315s fit on 9.5inch wheels.

Shrug!
Old 04-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OSUBraden
I haven't once seen anything out of line here. Never noticed posts get moved, but I can say I do enjoy the jokes and non-car related stuff. Thought the combo of it all was what this section was for.

It's not like we have 20 people a day asking if 315s fit on 9.5inch wheels.

Shrug!
That about sums it up. This isn't a tech section. So therefor it's a BS section. Any and all goes imo.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL I get a PM about my Sig being to long Hell my sig is shorter than some of your guys But I am the one that gets singled out to FIX it.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Someone reported your sig, no idea who since it just shows up in pm. Could be text limit or links that came up recently and instead of the usual kill I politely asked if you could change it. There are a few in here that are over limit so someone else picked on you

Check site signature rules here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....78&postcount=8
Old 05-08-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Someone reported your sig, no idea who since it just shows up in pm. Could be text limit or links that came up recently and instead of the usual kill I politely asked if you could change it. There are a few in here that are over limit so someone else picked on you

Check site signature rules here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....78&postcount=8
after reading the rules My Sig still falls with in regs.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Maybe it was the spelling and punctuation they had a problem w/ in the last line of your sig?
Old 05-08-2008, 04:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Naw, we've put up with that for years. Makes it easy to find when you think about it
Old 05-08-2008, 05:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats all nice and good when they are not going behind YOUR back and lying about you
Old 05-08-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Thats all nice and good when they are not going behind YOUR back and lying about you
Very true. Couldn't have said it better myself

Quick Reply: ***So riddle me this...***