Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

PINKS ALL OUT is a JOKE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PINKS ALL OUT is a JOKE!

Repeat after me: Never go to a Pinks All Out in person! You will get very bored, confused, and frustrated! The real name of the show should be PINKS ALL DOUBT!

I went to Pinks All Out today at Firebird. They probably had 100 nine second cars. I saw a lot of beautiful race cars and some decent racing. But the Pinks show reminds me of the movie "Bang the Drum Slowly" where they played a game called TEGWAR. TEGWAR stood for "The Exciting Game Without Any Rules."

My wife and I got there at around 3pm and watched about 30 runs between 9 second cars. The cars would stage, then the bald headed guy would stand on a milk crate and point and raise his hands, then drop them. The cars would run and they would tell you who won. No times, no trap speeds. The racers didn't even get time slips. It was all very secretive.

After 100 cars made side by side passes, the show producers got together and mysteriously chose 30 racers that showed consistency between 2 runs. After the 30 racers were chosen, then they drew 16 cars from a mail box. Guess what, they got 16 cars and it was just a coincidence that of the 16, two were altereds that lined up against each other and another two (exactly) were rear engine Pro Comp cars that lined up against each other. I highly doubt the validity of the drawing seeing they got exactly 2 altereds and 2 rails.

Now the boring and frustrating part. From the time the last of the 100 cars until they started running the 16 was almost 3 hours. It was 3 hours of nothing! Man, how long does it take to put cameras in cars. The crowd finally started booing and stomping the grand stands. I thought it was funny, but man was I bored!

When they finally ran the first round of 16, the bald headed guy again stood on a step stool and pointed and raised his hands and dropped them. Only one car jumped and they caught him. It seemed fair enough. But then a Nova beat a Camaro by about 3 feet and they said the Nova ran too quickly. Of course it was cooler so he should have run quicker, but heck the Camaro was only 3 feet behind, so didn't he also run too quickly. I thought that was HIGHLY SUSPECT!

The best time of the night was the very first run of the 16. The announcer from PINKS (Some heavy guy with a bowling shirt that he keeps untucked, you know the look, kind of like a fat Charlie Sheen) got the crowd all worked up for a Chevy versus Ford showdown. Then two fox bodied Mustangs lined up and ran. The crowd really laughed at that one.

I have to admit, this is all made for TV, but I thought it was very unprofessional. I'll watch this episode on TV when it hits, but I'm not wasting my time ever going to a live show again. I'm not even sure if I'm ever going to waste my time watching Pinks on TV again!
Old 12-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

I was at the same event. I got there at around noon time, right in time for probably the best runs of the day.

I agree, I cannot stand how they cannot use the tree. I mean they use the stage lights, but leave the green light out of the equation?

I could not understand hwo they picked out the top 30 then drew the sweet 16 out of a damn hat.

I was warned about how long they prepare for the 16 finalist, so I left.

Who won btw?

Also, there were a lot of nicer cars that should been on the final 16. Ryan Woon's Supra for example got everyone on their feet everytime he ran, and he consistenly ran low 9's.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I left after the first round so I don't know who won. They disqualified three people out of the first 8 matches. One was an obvious jump, so that one was OK. Second one they said ran too quickly, but the car that they gave the win to was only a few feet behind. The other DQ was when the two Pro Comp dragsters lined up. The quicker one was on the throttle stop until the 1/8 mile mark and they DQ'ed him for using a throttle stop. However, the other dragster was also on the throttle stop, but not for as long.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:08 AM
12 Second Club

yeah i went to the one in TX at Ennis and it was a load of crap to sit through also
Old 12-11-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

I was going to go. From my understanding they (Pinks) get the slips and then see who's car is the most consistant.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

BIG SURPRISE!
pinks has been a joke since day 1
nothing new there, and the host of that show doesnt exactly help it either
what a *****
Old 12-11-2006, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The host is a TOOL
Old 12-11-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

The host is also the executive producer....which makes him an even bigger tool.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

We took a mustang to the first taping in texas. Told us to run "all out"....so we sat it straight on the bumper and then they tried disqualify us because the welds on the roll cage were smoothed down. But yet they still used us in the commercials and showed the car leaving numerous times during the show. It is a load of ****. I emailed rich and he very suprisingly emailed me back. He told me it was just a Pilot....well..still sucked
Old 12-13-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

"LETS RACE"!!!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did not get there till 5 and the 16 did not start racing till 8pm. I did not get out of there till 11pm. Parking was awesome.

The final race came down to a tube chassis Firebird against a Black Fox-bodied Mustang. The mustang lost due to jumping the line.

Chad
Old 12-13-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant beleive no one has started another show with this type of action..there is so much money to be made..i mean ., how hard would it be..you go to the track, pay all the insurance, and tell people to come race..you dont have to put your car on the line, but make it like a 500 dollar minimum bet. Straight up , run what you brung, one race or 15, use the TREE, and go with it..people would watch it like crazy..Of course you dont want shitboxes that are dangerous out there so you would have to make sure they are decently safe, so a prelim inspection beforehand. The only rule would be that your car has to run a minimum time of xxx..this would keep the ricers off the track..make them sign a waiver, if your car does not run at least a xxx we take the bitch and crush it for you bringing that sloth here. Im not talking super fast, but not a 16xx 1/4. Of course if your **** broke it would not apply. Another option would be for the crew at Pinks to take the foot out of there asses and realize people dont want to watch a soap opera..they want racing, and they want a God D#%# tree to be used to aviod having to watch that ****** pimple drop his arms like a phucking fat goose trying to get out of the water.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

The one that they had in Kansas I think it was just a regular PINKS show the host wiped out on a bike. (That was not even his) what a dumbass.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:17 PM
9 Second Club

I like the show and the soap opera and fighting is what makes it a show to watch. Other than that, I can go watch drag racing anytime and can watch drag racing videos on the Internet all the time. I think it is the characters that make it a show.

Just my opinion, don't kill me cause I like the show...either version.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by REDGAR
I like the show and the soap opera and fighting is what makes it a show to watch. Other than that, I can go watch drag racing anytime and can watch drag racing videos on the Internet all the time. I think it is the characters that make it a show.

Just my opinion, don't kill me cause I like the show...either version.
Actually, I agree with you and I'm the one that started the post. I was just warning people not to go in person and not to expect there to be any rules what-so-ever. This is totally a made for TV deal.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

Ive never been the a taping of pinks. But the show is The best
Thats why it is the most watch show on speed channel.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just like to see what your average sumwhat street car can do against others. The host is a tool. He tries to act too tough and takes it too serious. 90% of the people there are winners too.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

They are racing for pinks wouldnt you take it serious.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its like wrestling....they hype it up...and just sandbag each other with some que tipped looking queer inbetween them......."i need 14 links and a bottle"....all a bunch of ****....bring your car and race....no "negoiating".....
Old 12-22-2006, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by staringback05
its like wrestling....they hype it up...and just sandbag each other with some que tipped looking queer inbetween them......."i need 14 links and a bottle"....all a bunch of ****....bring your car and race....no "negoiating".....

I agree!! Since when did street racing (what the show is supposed to be based on) involve lengths? If your car isn't fast enough to run with someone heads up, you sit on the sidelines and STFU!!!!

Quick Reply: PINKS ALL OUT is a JOKE!