Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Removing Door Pieces

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 04:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removing Door Pieces

I am considering removing the "Formula" badges from the exterior of my doors. Whenever the badge is removed are there going to be any holes left, is the paint going to look right?
Old 12-05-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

i think with the trans am badges there might not be holes but i could be wrong because ive never had to take them off. if there isnt just take them off your going to have to remove the adhesive tape that might be left over on the car and depending on the mileage the paint will be darker and you might see the trans am lettering still. a buff can fix that really easily and then theres nthing to worry about.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Actually, there is a good chance you will see it regardless. They don't put holes in the body panels to put emblems on anymore. They are all held on with double sided tape. It may be very minimal and most people probably wont notice it, but you will. It has nothing to do with mileage. The UV rays in the sun change the color of your paint everyday. Buffing the car will do NOTHING. Buffing a car only gets into the clear coat. The color below the emblems WILL be different if your car has spent much time in the sun. Depending on your car, color, and time in the sun, it may be almost invisible, but not likely.

Quick Reply: Removing Door Pieces