Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

94 Z28 Custom Body Work Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 94 Z28 Custom Body Work Thread

I switched directions with my car going from performance to appearance. Going fast isnt cheap as i found out lol. I have always liked the exterior looks of 4th gen fbodys and i want to build a very clean and straight car.

So my game plan for the exterior is to make subtle body modifications to make the car look sleek and clean. Also, I want to drop the car 1.5 inches on all for corners, paint it GM's new cyber grey metallic, and some nice 17 inch wheels.

I decided to work from back to the front. Here are some pics of my shaved stock Camaro spoiler. It was a lot of work and i am not 100% done yet, but its a good start. Dont mind the dirty LT1 .

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-11-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

good work man keep us updated. looks good so far
Old 12-11-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you plan on shaving the line inside of the spoiler aswell? i know its a bitch but i mean if its not done it would seem kind of pointless. i did a few custom things to mine ill post pics when the cars in primer. shaved gas door, light up camaro panel, block these wavy doors straight and blocked all the body lines straight and removed the moldings, custom targa top and a few other mods.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Fast_94_Z
do you plan on shaving the line inside of the spoiler aswell? i know its a bitch but i mean if its not done it would seem kind of pointless. i did a few custom things to mine ill post pics when the cars in primer. shaved gas door, light up camaro panel, block these wavy doors straight and blocked all the body lines straight and removed the moldings, custom targa top and a few other mods.
Yeah, i missed those lines completely lol. Once, i primered them i noticed them immediately. I just threw it on the car to finally see how it turned out. When the weather is nice again i still have to do some block sanding and fill in some spots with bondo. Thanks for the sharp eye.

I was thinking lighting up the camaro panel, but i decided against it. How did it turn out??

Last edited by texas94z; 12-12-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:18 AM
TECH Addict

havent gottenthe change to try it out yet. the panel turned out good i just have to paint it. cars in the middle of getting a 25.5 cage in it so i have to wait to get it back and then build my turbo motor so its going to be a little while. kinda going for a show car race thing.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:54 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Fast_94_Z
havent gottenthe change to try it out yet. the panel turned out good i just have to paint it. cars in the middle of getting a 25.5 cage in it so i have to wait to get it back and then build my turbo motor so its going to be a little while. kinda going for a show car race thing.
wow! Now i really want to see pics.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:27 AM
TECH Addict

check out burkhart chassis website for some in process pics of the cage and suspension work. its under matts z28 in the gallery. ill be starting a build thread soon when i get back to doing the body work and stuff.

Quick Reply: 94 Z28 Custom Body Work Thread