Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

painting the bird

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 11:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Default painting the bird

Well 2 weeks ago I got rear ended. It freaking sucked, but it's given me the opportunity to paint the entire car which I've been wanting to do since I did the motor swap.

I'm just stuck now on deciding a color. Fortunately enough I work at a body shop so I will be involved in the work and what not and have thrown around the idea of doing a full color change but have decided against that because it'd just be too drastic and I like the white. So I need to determine what color white I want to go with. I want some flake in it but not a rediculous amount and I want it to be a bright white, not a yellowish white. Along with painting the car I will be shaving the antenna. I thought about doing the door handles too but that'll be down the road, I don't have the money for that now.

Let me know if anyone has any colors in mind. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

personally i think white t/a's look badass with a black roof mirrors and spoiler but thats just me. personally i would stick with the artic white or if you want a real nice pearl white check out the pearl whites that come on the acura mdxs or on the cadilliac esclades.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much diff of time or $$$ to Jam the car and do the engine bay, just curious since your involved with the work.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best shade of White to me is Arctic White. I honestly have never seen another shade of White that looks as good.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
How much diff of time or $$$ to Jam the car and do the engine bay, just curious since your involved with the work.
i honestly don't know the answer to that question. when i did my motor swap i painted the engine bay semi gloss black so I won't be painting it, and since it's just going white again i doubt i'll focus much on the jams.