Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Front SS corner markers removal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front SS corner markers removal!!!

I just VHT'ed my tails and love the look on my RED SS. I am now wanting to to do the 3rd brake light and the front corner markers on either side of the bumper cover. The 3 tailight is so easy it is stupid but I have spent a few times out in the Street trying to get those front corners out but I just cant get them. Do I have to remove the headlights in order to remove them?

I found the 3 bolts to remove and that isnt to bad....bout 5 mins per light, then I try my very hardest to get them to pop outa place. They almost seem unable to pop out the front so I tried removing them from the back....but there is a little plastic tab that sticks up in the way and makes it impossible to come out that way as well!!! Could somebody help me out? Thanks guys!!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

you can try getting to them from the bottom, remove that black cover from the bottom of the car. if you still can't get it you could always remove the bumper cover completely
Old 01-07-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ive had my marker lights out a bunch of times. I found it easier to just remove the head lights everytime than crawling on the ground lol.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:48 AM
12 Second Club

I think I will try again to remove them from the front with a little more force....If they dont come out I'l Just remove the headlights.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matt3383
Ive had my marker lights out a bunch of times. I found it easier to just remove the head lights everytime than crawling on the ground lol.
chouldnt have said it better myself.

ive done this several times on various 4th gen's and it works every time.