Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

How to Correct?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Correct?

I have searched high and low, and have learned some about the Fbody bubbling issue... But my question is a general one... I have a bubble on my bumper... Everytime I wash the car, it gets a little bigger. I would say right now it is the size of half of a dime... What process should be performed to 1) stop the bubbling in its tracks, and 2) mask the bubbling...

I was thinking of wetsanding the area, maybe adding a little spray clear to the area, then hitting it with my Porter Cable...

Ideas?
Old 01-11-2009, 08:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If it's already bubbling; sanding it will result in that paint coming off. Sounds like there is corrosion or something under the paint.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Launching!

There can't be crosion under the paint on a plastic bumper. Did you buy your car used? Have you ever had any paint work done on the bumper or had it replaced? Because to me it sounds like the bumper was painted at one time the it was prep sanded properly and is now starting to bubble and will exentually leed to it peeling. Wet sanding and buffing will not help it will just make it much worse, take it to a body shop and have it repaired and painted.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

I bought the car in october at 125k... It is a really clean car, except for the bumber... It's got rock chips and ****, so I'm just gonna get the damn thing repainted... One of these days I'm gonna paint the whole damn car red...