Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Help with stripes

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with stripes

I just pucrhased a VFN Sunoco hood, waiting for it to get here, and I have been looking for pictures of racing stripes painted on the Sunoco hood. I can't seem to find any. I love the 35th stripes I have on my car now and would like to keep that look. I'm just having a hard time deciding to go with racing stripes similer to the 35th stripes, or just go with the traditional Sunoco stripe on the side of the cowl. If you have a picture of a sunoco hood with stripes please feel free to post them up! This is a picture of my car with the 35th stripes on it.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
stripes.bmp (201.3 KB, 50 views)
Old 04-20-2009, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking something along the lines of these. Just some MS paint work.
Attached Thumbnails Help with stripes-newstripes2.jpg   Help with stripes-newstripes.jpg  
Old 05-02-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my car:

A couple more pics of my car on this page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/332142/2

These stripes were custom made vinyl, but I just had the car re-painted and the stripes are now painted on permanently (using the original vinyl stripes as the template). The same idea could be adapted to the big raised cowl ("Sunoco") hood ... just run the lines straight up the middle, 6" spacing between them, and follow the lines down either side of the hood that taper away from each other on the outsides .

Quick Reply: Help with stripes