Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Fender Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009 | 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Default Fender Issues

Where I live, we have to have safety inspections every other year. I hate the jerks that do the inspections because they don't give a crap about my vehicles.

Case in point, this past December, I needed to take my 00 Procharged Formula in to get the inspection. Since I was leaving town, I needed to get it down asap. To make a long story short, I took it to two places..... one said they couldnt get it on the rack to inspect it, and the other did and passed it much to my relief.

I was happy to get this out of the way and needed to leave. So I park it right away and and leave for a couple weeks for work. I come back, and notice that the drivers side fender is pushed out about 3/4"; the passenger side is pushed out 1/2 inch. Yup, the jerks jacked the car up on the tabs and bent them flat. In that process, they broke the plastic tabs that hold the bottom of the fender on.

I suspect I know which one did it, but since I took it to two places, and didn't notice it for a couple of weeks, I think I am screwed. Pisses me off.

Anyway, is there any fix for the fenders short of replacing both of them? Surely something can be done. The fenders are in good shape, other than the tabs are broken off. Any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-29-2009 | 10:53 AM
TECH Resident

Mine weren't broken, but my passenger side tab was bent pretty bad. I just got a vice grip and bent it back into shape and the fender fits fine. I guess I got lucky?