Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

What would this cost?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What would this cost?

From bumper needs new paint from some rock chips, peeling paint i guess towards the bottom of the bumper and a spot where an older lady backed up into me. The fender has black spots on it like someone was spraying paint near by and spots landed on it. It came like this when i got the car, didnt let it bother me but the front bumper is the real problem.

So its for the Front Bumper & Driverside Fender (maybe)?? How much would this cost? Ill probably buy brand new 35th LE stripes while im at it, should i think about doing the hood & passenger fender as well?? Not looking to re-spray the entire car. The rest still looks good, just needs a really good detail and wetsanding to get rid of the swirl marks and etc.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:51 AM
TECH Regular

just check out some local body shops im looking to do the same and a local shop in my home town in fl is going to paint the whole car with the stripe for 2200. i reccomend painting the whole car because if you paint bits and peices the colors may be off and look akward
Old 08-16-2009, 12:43 PM
10 Second Club

Smile

really dont need to paint whole car unless paint is in real bad shape.if you are repairing front cover/fender then you should do entire front clip +maybe door (depends on fender repair).this all depends on condition of existing paint an color.extra panels like other fender/hood and door would be blend panels(color match).hope this helps if not ask.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:55 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Badguy7
From bumper needs new paint from some rock chips, peeling paint i guess towards the bottom of the bumper and a spot where an older lady backed up into me. The fender has black spots on it like someone was spraying paint near by and spots landed on it. It came like this when i got the car, didnt let it bother me but the front bumper is the real problem.

So its for the Front Bumper & Driverside Fender (maybe)?? How much would this cost? Ill probably buy brand new 35th LE stripes while im at it, should i think about doing the hood & passenger fender as well?? Not looking to re-spray the entire car. The rest still looks good, just needs a really good detail and wetsanding to get rid of the swirl marks and etc.
I understand that you just want to get the bumper and fender painted which is no big deal but depending on what color it is and how picky you are will determine what work you have done. If the car is a metallic or pearl color the chances of getting the painted pieces to exactly match the adjecent panels is very slim. Air pressure can change a color. Unless your car is black i would consider blending into the hood and other fender. Like ther other poster had mentioned painting the front clip is your best bet. The price is going to vary from shop to shop. Get a couple estimates and then make your choice. I would imagine your estimates will range from $300-$2000. Good luck.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Teching In

If the paint on the fender is just in tiny dots, you may want to purchase a clay bar from an auto parts store to take them out.......I was skeptical about its effectiveness until i used it and it takes overspray right off.