Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Please Help I need to get this fixed asap!!

Old 09-15-2009, 01:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help I need to get this fixed asap!!

Apperently my little sister thinks she's strong enough to hold a street bike upright in order to get a soda from the garage. The **** fell and dented/ scratched my car pretty good. I'm so smurfing pissed but I've made this priority number one..

Kinds hard to see from the pics but the dent is about 5 inches long. Pretty deep scratch where it first hit. I got an estimate at a body shop for 900. but that sounded way to high.. What do you all think as far as estimates?

Any advice on what route to go? And does anybody here know a good body and paint shop? I live in Fontana.. I really don't want any kind of memory of this and I want the Goat to look just as it did before the bike landing on it.

All responses welcome and appreaciated.

Thanks

Old 09-15-2009, 02:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not to be the one to bring bad news, but from the looks of it the dent has a crease in it. So 900$ sounds pretty cheap to me. This is one of them times it pays to have full coverage insurance man. I have a crack in my rear bumper and they want 4200$ to replace, give my entire car a light sand resprey (With Factory Paint) with one coat and clear my car. So I know how you feel when it comes to body shop estimates seeming high.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:45 AM
Teching In

Yeah bro i think your gonna be right about the crease part.. I been looking at it real good and it's gonna be a little harder than i thought it would.. But i'm gonna have to pay this outta pocket. I pay too much for insurance as it is..
Old 09-15-2009, 04:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS2Jitsu
Yeah bro i think your gonna be right about the crease part.. I been looking at it real good and it's gonna be a little harder than i thought it would.. But i'm gonna have to pay this outta pocket. I pay too much for insurance as it is..
Sorry about that man, I know how that can be. I ride also, tell your sister she need to stop being lazy put her kick stand down and get off her bike when shes getting something. Geesh..
Old 09-15-2009, 09:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A good PDR guy most likely can get the dent out . . . then the issue to get the paint blended into the rest of the car . . . with the damage on the quarter panel, there is a lot of area to paint, and to get the best "finish" the quarter glass should be removed, so that there would be no masking lines.

Search this Thread