Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Paint choice

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint choice

HI Has anybody done their car with any "House Of Color" paint, when I complete my 00 B4C Project's engine, chassis & suspension I want to use their paint. I'm clueless on paint & body work. I was on their website, and found a Cobalt Blue I really like in pearl or "shimrin" whatever that is?! Maybe even use 2 tone w/ silver. I don't know what type of paint to select-Urethene, clear etc? Average Price & labor costs required to have a professional body/paint shop. I also need to have my cowl induction hood fitted and installed.

THANKS TO ALL -also any pics of your cars with their paint would be cool
Old 12-26-2009, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many people have used HOK, including myself, mine is an HOK Kandy....

Old 12-26-2009, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

VERY SHARP-If you don't mind what did it cost $$ for the entire job?
Old 12-26-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SHORTZ A KILLA
VERY SHARP-If you don't mind what did it cost $$ for the entire job?
Well being as the club I'm in has had 6 other cars painted there, they only charge us 3000 for the whole job...
Old 12-26-2009, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlueMagicSS
Well being as the club I'm in has had 6 other cars painted there, they only charge us 3000 for the whole job...
nice price-u said it is Kandy, what else -urthene, clearcoated etc? how many coats? Thanks
Old 12-26-2009, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

sweet color.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

amazing man! specially with these DD's ...
Old 12-27-2009, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i dont like hok products, i perfer the ppg custom line, and you say you paid 3,000?? thats nuts!! anyone would walk in a shop and say they wanted custom painted candy car, its starting at 3,000. wow you got a deal right there

OP, the more coats of candy applied the deeper the color looks, candy colors have to go over either a white base, silver, black, sometimes red, the more candy applied the deeper the color

everything used today is a polyurathene product, i just dont like the way the base coats go on by hok, personally i like doing the ppg harliquien colors, much easier to use and ya get the same look and it goes on so much nicer and easier, guess im getting lazy in my old age

OP......expect cost to be around 3,000 and up
Old 12-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SHORTZ A KILLA
HI Has anybody done their car with any "House Of Color" paint, when I complete my 00 B4C Project's engine, chassis & suspension I want to use their paint. I'm clueless on paint & body work. I was on their website, and found a Cobalt Blue I really like in pearl or "shimrin" whatever that is?! Maybe even use 2 tone w/ silver. I don't know what type of paint to select-Urethene, clear etc? Average Price & labor costs required to have a professional body/paint shop. I also need to have my cowl induction hood fitted and installed.

THANKS TO ALL -also any pics of your cars with their paint would be cool
HOK base coats are among the easiest to apply. If you want the candy effect without going through the hassles of a candy, use their Candy base coats. Most people will not know the difference and its 10x easier to repair if you ever have collision damage.

Asking average price for a paint job is like asking what the standard size 2x4 is. There are way too many variables. Paint jobs from my shop range between $1500 and $30,000. You get what you pay for

Quick Reply: Paint choice