Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Ls1 dash in lt1? help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ls1 dash in lt1? help

Im getting a ls1 dash and center console and i know that it will all will fit but does anyone know the specifics of the job? Especially would i have to rewire ac and heater? and the switches? or would my factory heater fit with that dash? Im not going to be using the ls1 gauge cluster however, im going to use the autometer cobalt 2 gauges Tach, speedo, oil press, water, volt, and fuel. I figure it will be easier to wire that way and look alot nicer. And i was also wondering if i could wire the autometer gauges to my factory wiring or would i have to use a separate sending unit and rewire all the gauges?. Im buying a beater and the camaro is gonna get parked and interior stripped so I can re-do it. Showing signs of being a 94. This isnt an immediate project but would like to know more info before actually investing in it. I would appreciate some advice in this.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Banned Village Idiot LS1BLKSS

what is this car going to be? is it just going to be for looks or what?
Old 01-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

well my car is a 94 z28 but i already have a ls1 front end and have done all my performance work already. I have hit my goals performance wise and now i just want to strip my interior and do something custom and possibly drop some weight. Once i have the interior ls1 and the exterior all that is left is the motor. But my interior is showing signs of it being 16yrs old and i can have a ls1 donor interior for really cheap. I just want to know if this is a bigger headache than what its worth?

Quick Reply: Ls1 dash in lt1? help