Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Source for body repair panels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Source for body repair panels?

Anyone know where I can get aftermarket front repair parts? The metal under the battery tray/coolant tank area has rusted out. The other side has a bad wrinkle in it so a Mososo CAI wont lay flat. I also need the radiator support brackets, they are tweaked. And a few other parts and pieces. I checked GM partsdirect.com they have some stuff, some stuff is ridiculous ($700 for a radiator support!)some stuff is not available anymore. Just wondering if anyone knew of a source. I checked ebay, pedders,ecklers, etc... I figure its easier to buy aftermarket parts and weld them in than go through the hassle of buying used and having to drill out all the spot welded and worry about not damaging parts when removing them. Thanks
Old 02-06-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if your looking for gm aftermarket resto parts try http://www.tamrazs.com/
Old 02-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Teching In

it is a 96. this is kinda what I am dealing with. I would love to see a car fax on it. It has been hit so many times. Its actually 2 cars welded together -the back half was green and the front was black. The quality of the body repairs is obvious, some is excellent, some looks like the were drunk and blindfolded. If anybody can run a carfax, PM me. I am just curious for a good laugh - my guess is 8 wrecks.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Old 02-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Teching In

I would check the junk yards around you for the support and rails. You should be able to get everything you need for a lot less than 700. Before you buy it ask to look at it before nthey cut it off to make sure it isn't rusted like yours or bent and twisted. Good luck with your repairs.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try car-part.com it's a web site that you can search the most popular junk yards for the parts you want.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

i would just chop the front end off another car at a yard. i just bought a cheap sawzall and cut it off at the fenders and the frame rails. thats what i did they only charged me 200 for hood bumper core support and all the accessory brackets. while the spot welds were kinda a pain it did save a ton of money.

Quick Reply: Source for body repair panels?