Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

How to remove?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 09:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to remove?

I have searched for this with no luck so I'll ask away.. How do you remove that small triangle trim piece that is just to the rear of the side windows?
Old 03-01-2010, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

I"m not a camaro expert. But when I tried at the junkyard it was stuck on there with a sort of glue or double tape. Seemed impossible to take off. I got it haflway off but it was damaged by me. I concluded theres no safe way. Anyone else help out.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:16 PM
12 Second Club

They are a royal pain in the ***, if you get it off you'll probably screw it up, best advise use a heat gun carefully
Old 03-05-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

EASIEST THING EVER. i did you a favor when i was at the junk yard today and checked on it for you.

all you need is a small flat-head screw driver, about 1/8 inch. just slip it in at the very top, on the side nearest the window/door. there will be a perfect little slot to slip the screw driver into, and then just pry it off a little to where you can grab it with your fingers and pull it back a little.

then slowly work your way down the side nearest the window/door, prying it a little bit as you go. and then with a putty knife or large screw driver, pry the triangle off of the car.

its a piece of cake, and i didnt damage it at all, and it would be easy to reattach with either some double sided tape, or some other adhesive.

hold on a sec, i'll post the pictures i took on my phone while i was there.