Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Car was hit while PARKED

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Car was hit while PARKED

so my car was hit on the front while it was parked at the mall, no witnesses, no cameras, anyway Geico is repairing it,
it needs a new front fender, a new front bumper cover, the headlight is broken too, but it's an aftermarket headlight.
question is, I know the nose is plastic, it looks like the fender is plastic/composite right?
when they get aftermarket fenders are they palstic too? does it make a difference?
how do they handle the aftermarket headlight situation?what are they actually responsible for? do they have to get oem parts or just the cheapest aftermarket pieces they can get?

sorry, lot of questions, very upset the car got hit,

thanks
Old 03-11-2010, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks.

I believe the only panels that are metal are the rear quarters...so the front would be composite and will probably replaced with an OEM fender. No idea on the headlight. That might depend on the shop you take it to.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol ive had it done twice by the same friend of mine, once i was in my car and he hit it in the front drivers side qtr and while it was getting fixed i was standing beside my moms car which i was driving and he put his trailer hitch through the bumper lol parked both times, what a friend

the headlight will prolly be replacd with a stocker but you may be able to squeak the same aftermarket light out of them
Old 03-11-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

same thing happened to me about a month ago. i went out of my way to not park by anyone in the school garage and come out in the morning to a smashed taillight, cracked trunk lid and qp dent. I felt bad for a little bit but partly because i only had liability. good luck with your outcome.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's been a few years since I've used one, but the aftermarket Camaro fenders used to fit like crap.There'd be an obvious transition at the front by the bumper, and a big gap by the fender in the back that you'ld have to bust out the die grinders and elongate holes on in order to make it not look horrendous. Perhaps they've improved but heads up.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That would depend I think on the source - I have an aftermarket on my car and unless I told you, you probably wouldn't be able to tell at first glance. It fits really well.

Now we'll see how consistent it is though. I busted it up this past January (snow + ice + guardrail = no good) so it is getting replaced again. I got one from the same place so we'll see how consistent this particular aftermarket is.

Quick Reply: Car was hit while PARKED