Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

2000 TA door questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 TA door questions?

If the door hinge area (door side) is flexing in on my passenger door when I open and close it what is the problem? The door is also sagging 1/4" may be from same area.

Is the door sprung?
Maybe someone put an cheap replacement door on before I owned it?

and
Could it be fixed or just replace it(with what)?

Thanks for the input
Old 04-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up door sag

The same thing happened to my door. After I looked into it it ended up being the door was cracked where it meets up to the hinge. My car is going to the shop in a couple of weeks and I will see what they do.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I8AGT
The same thing happened to my door. After I looked into it it ended up being the door was cracked where it meets up to the hinge. My car is going to the shop in a couple of weeks and I will see what they do.
i had the same exact problem, i bought the car like that, and i'm not sure what the original owner did to it. they just blamed it on the door being heavy

when i got my hood installed/painted, i had the shop take a look at it. the guy was able to do a temporary fix. not sure exactly what he did, but i think he added a metal plate and rivited it into place where the crack was holding the crack together, keeping the door in place better. but like i said, im not sure exactly what he did though.

whatever they did, it made it a lot better, and easier to open/close. but, from the get-go he told me it was temporary and the only real fix was getting a new door, which i didnt feel like going through the hassle to do. so for now (the past 5-6 months) the temporary fix is doing fine by me.

Last edited by crimson_bird; 04-06-2010 at 10:55 PM.