Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Rattle can t bar?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattle can t bar?

Will this be an issue? My cars white, so when the tops are off I hate the contrast of the white body against the weather stripping. Seeing as my sail panel and mirrors are black as well, the whole top half looks nice except when I have the tops off and the white really stands out. I'm assuming I can just scuff up the current paint and lay some primer then color (black) then some clear? Not looking for a great job as much as a good job. Just want to ensure the paint stays and won't come up or flake everytime I take the tops off.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Are you talking about painting the entire roof skin or just the ttop support and drainage structure?
Old 08-31-2015, 04:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
Are you talking about painting the entire roof skin or just the ttop support and drainage structure?
I want to say the t top support and drainage structure. basically the body color that shows when the t tops are off. seeing as its such a sharp contrast between black weather stripping black t bar and black sail panel, the white really shows and I want to paint it black so when the t tops are off you don't see the white body when looking at it from overhead.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rattle can t bar?

As a painter (for a living and custom on the side) I will be the first to say you can do this. Just use the correct stuff. 1st clean it then sand it. Then wash it agin. Mask it off and wipe it down with alcohol (because you probably have some at your home) then tack it off (with a tack cloth) spray some bulldog (see pic) on it. Then use a preval (see pic) to spray the paint (get a pint kit of single stage) any auto parts store will have the bulldog and the preval. If you go to Napa they sale auto paint Rattle can t bar?-photo307.jpgRattle can t bar?-photo611.jpg

Quick Reply: Rattle can t bar?