Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

crack in panel.. repairable?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 07:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default crack in panel.. repairable?

My berger panel, well my 2nd one that I want to paint black has a crack in it. Is this repairable and how would I go about doing so?
Old 05-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Staging Lane

i will get you the part number of what you need tommorrow at work, its easy to fix..
Its a 3m panel bond adhesive and it comes with a roll of white plastic that has holes in it and is sticky, what you will do is sand it down roughly on the back side and clean well, then apply the white plastic to the crack or split...then you will apply the epoxy over it, spread it smoothly and you use a heat gun to cure,, it takes about 5-8 minutes to become rock hard, then you can sand the outside wipe with bondo, sand, prime and paint.. the white palstic is your bonding strength,it looks like medical gauze, and works like rebar in concrete.... its very strong and use it on anything plastic.. i used this at work on the roof of my camaro to fill the holes from when it was a state trooper car!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

OK, you will need a Duramix reinforcement patch!! comes on a roll, sand the inside with 180 grit (by hand) clean well, and then pull off enough of the patch to go past the crack 1 inch on each side and apply... Then you will use Duramix adhesive plastic repair, it will require a dual shaft caulking gun and apply all over the repair patch... bonding time is 30 seconds and curing time is 60 seconds!!!! its very fast and very strong!!!!!
Duramix reinforecent patch part number is 04904
Duramix Adhesive part number is 04247
you can buy these at 3M's web site...