Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

paint with pearl

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paint with pearl

so i want to paint my intake, valve covers, and lid and im thinking about painting them with a base coat of red with a clear with bright blue pearls. well ive never painted with them before dont really know the right mixture to put in or how many coats to do, ive heard they will get darker as the coats increase (which only makes sense). but on top of that i seen a trick on biker build off where he used a torch and made it so it was rich in carbon no flame and applied that i think after the primer, not sure havent seen it but once, then applied the base and clear i might be worng though maybe it was on the base then you add the clear with the pearl..anyways it gave a awesome black red mix. if anyone has any helpful hints on how pearl works and know what im talking about with the carbon it'd be awesome if i could get some info...

Thanks,
Tony
Old 07-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no one has experience painting here?
Old 07-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent you a pm. In case you didnt get it. Let me know what your application is ie; diamlot, ppg, nason, shopline, dbc, so on. I can tell you what you need to know. It is also going to depend on your location, temp, humidty, where you will spray, the gun you will use, airpresseure, volume, compressor.