Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Front Bumper Cover

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Bumper Cover

I took the body kit off my z28 and now there are dimples and holes. Instead of patching over that I was wanting to know where is a good place to buy a replacement bumper from? I seen some from Discount Body Parts from ebay for about $100, but dont know about the fitment. Thanks!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do. That's where I bought mine 2 weeks ago, hehe. Ok, fitment is good, not any better or worse then OEM. I mean, I guess I can tell, cause I'm **** about my car. Now, when I say good, I mean compared to OEM, not compared to aftermarket. My aftermarket ultraZ hood from SLP sucks cause its not perfect. This front bumper is good, get me?

BTW, two things:

1. there will be no "camaro" written inside the grill, for $100 I can live without it.

2. Your paint wont match perfect no-matter who does it. For example, I took mine to a shop that does Jay Leno cars and half million dollar cars. They still didn't match it perfect. **** happens i guess...

Hope that helps! btw, getting a new bumber is 100$ plus $330 for the paint job. Also, I'm driving thru St. Louis on sunday night (Halloween), crashing over, and leaving monday morning. If you want to take a look at my car, feel free.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks man! If you said its good than it good enough for me too. Yea I am also pretty **** about my car but oh well. Going with a SLP grill and the whole car is being repainted, so no biggie. Thanks again for the response.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hadkin
I do. That's where I bought mine 2 weeks ago, hehe. Ok, fitment is good, not any better or worse then OEM. I mean, I guess I can tell, cause I'm **** about my car. Now, when I say good, I mean compared to OEM, not compared to aftermarket. My aftermarket ultraZ hood from SLP sucks cause its not perfect. This front bumper is good, get me?

BTW, two things:

1. there will be no "camaro" written inside the grill, for $100 I can live without it.

2. Your paint wont match perfect no-matter who does it. For example, I took mine to a shop that does Jay Leno cars and half million dollar cars. They still didn't match it perfect. **** happens i guess...

Hope that helps! btw, getting a new bumber is 100$ plus $330 for the paint job. Also, I'm driving thru St. Louis on sunday night (Halloween), crashing over, and leaving monday morning. If you want to take a look at my car, feel free.
Bumnpers are really hard for several reasons. A couple of the most ocmmon are that they hold a residual static charge and depending on detail or make have wax in them. For example our cars when they are made part of the SMC has wax in it. Often times this throws a different color. It sucks and your right very hard to do perfectly without alot of blending.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just for you my friend:

Previous bumper:

new bumper, front view without camaro letters:

Top down:

Other side:

I'm going to wash and wax today, sorry it looks a little dirty right now...