Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Not so good...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RikkiTorment
That really all comes down to my insurance. This is the first claim we've ever submitted in the 25+ years we've been insured by Allstate. Obviously they won't fix the car if I have multiple claims on the car because they'd be wasting their money if it is just going to be crashed again. I also found the "core support" for under $300 as well as an entire front clip for $1000.
sorry man im not trying to be a dick, and thats cool u found a core support for $300, i don't doubt that. But guess how much a body shop is going to charge you, (or the insurance company i should say) to put that new core support in, well over 1,000 if not closer to 2,000 by the time they put it on the frame machine and get it all lined up correctly again. and after seeing your quarter panel in your later post i would say im %99.9 sure the insurance company will total it. I'm not an insurance professional by any means, but id say your looking at about 7,000-8,000 in damage if you go get a estimate at a reputable body body shop (not billy bob down the road). And thats gotta be very close to the blue book of the camaro, and no insurance company in there right mind will pay anywhere near the full value of the car to have it fixed. But you can allways buy it back from the insurance company and get her fixed your self if you think its worth it.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by $750 L98
That quarter will definitely need to be cut off and replaced, I am about to go through the same operation, about $2500-3000 sadly.
^^ what he said. I worked at a body shop for 3 years , im not a body man, but my dad and 3 of my uncles are, and thats all they have done there whole lives. So iv been around the industry. and as stated above something like that rear quarter will be around 2,500 to fix by the time its all said and done. and thats just the rear quater, that front end is gonna cost way more than that to fix.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm taking it over to an AllState preferred body shop. They said it is borderline, they are checking to see if it is repairable, and if it is they said they would fix it.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

any updates?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much you want for it?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

I'm guessing it was totaled out back in November it says "RIP" in his signature.

Quick Reply: Not so good...