Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Different Color Painted Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different Color Painted Calipers

Whats up guys. I searched and didnt see a DEDICATED Thread for Fbody Brake Calipers painted.

I myself have a White SS and dont know what color to do. I am going with white/grey theme but I think grey calipers might just look "dirty" or "salty".

Post up pictures of YOUR Fbody Painted Calipers.

Please dont Quote pictures.

Thank you.

Lets make this good enough to be a "sticky thread!"
Old 01-20-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not painted, but polished. Brackets are painted though

[IMG]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj139/transws6am/Trans%20Am/DSCN1752.jpg
[/IMG]

Old 01-21-2011, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

I am LOVING the polished look.

How did you do that?
Steps?

Did you actually have to TAKE OFF THE CALIPER or where you able to have it "hang" while doing it?

I have a white ss with Chrome Z06 wheels (like the other 99.99 percent camaro's out there lol
I just ordered orange vht spray from summitt. I doubt it will look good.. Supposed to be more of a "burnt orange" color. And THAT would look good I gather. But the POLISHED looks really "clean" and "correct".

If you dont mind, please give me ANY information on how to do this. Right down to the how to take the caliper off lol!

Is there any rightups?
Old 01-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Does'nt POP

Blends in with the rim
Old 01-21-2011, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FreakishSpeed
I am LOVING the polished look.

How did you do that?
Steps?

Did you actually have to TAKE OFF THE CALIPER or where you able to have it "hang" while doing it?

I have a white ss with Chrome Z06 wheels (like the other 99.99 percent camaro's out there lol
I just ordered orange vht spray from summitt. I doubt it will look good.. Supposed to be more of a "burnt orange" color. And THAT would look good I gather. But the POLISHED looks really "clean" and "correct".

If you dont mind, please give me ANY information on how to do this. Right down to the how to take the caliper off lol!

Is there any rightups?
I took the calipers off to polish them, It's a very long, pain in the *** process, I never want to do it again in my life. I have about 7+ hours into each caliper, could someone else to it faster? I'm sure they could but thats how long it took me. If you plan on polishing yours do yourself a favor and get yourself a black and decker mouse. Start with some 80 grit on the mouse to get all the sand casting marks out, keep the mouse perfectly flat or you will have a wavey finish instead of a nice mirrior finish. then grab a sanding block and work down to 120-220-300-400-600-800-1000-1500-2000-2000 wet-2500 wet. Then polish them up with some mothers or the aluminium polish of you choice.
It's not a complicated process, just very time consuming. If you plan on doing it id set aside a weekend or more to get them looking good.
I sanded my brackets down in the same way to give the paint a nice smooth finish.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by vette0009
Does'nt POP

Blends in with the rim
Your right it doesn't scream at you like bright red calipers. It was just the look i was going for, I'm not a big fan of painted calipers.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I opted for the more subtle look. Pewter to match the car with the decal to match the car and sealed in high temp clear of course.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
Your right it doesn't scream at you like bright red calipers. It was just the look i was going for, I'm not a big fan of painted calipers.
Agreed, I think polished looks sweet...

Quick Reply: Different Color Painted Calipers