Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Back of Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back of Camaro's?

i notice sometimes that the back end of the camaros have black on them like if the whole car is red or something, there will be a black spot beneath the spoiler where it says camaro and it looks like it was a piece that was replaced. what is it? why do only some camaro's have it?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/album.php...ictureid=15265

you can see what i mean here^
Old 02-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's called the Berger panel. Some camaro guys, mine included, paint it black as an aesthetic mod sorta like the ceta mod for the trans ams. It came from the original berger camaros from back in 2002. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You summed it up pretty good there. it's an appearance modification first acknowledged performed by the Berger Chevrolet dealership where the 'Panel,R/End Fin' is painted a low satin black to contrast the rest of the car. Many people have performed this modificaiton themselves and you can find dozens of threads in here by searching berger. I also have performed this, but I used low satin metallic grey for mine since my car is black and it's not as obvious on black cars. Good luck.