Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Materials....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol your lucky you can probably get away with high build primer on that small ding, rather than adding glazing putty.

and I like how it sprays very good an easy mixes 2:1:1oz
I am using startingline from devilbiss and I used 1.3 tip you wouldn't want to go much bigger or you spray to much material you can run the paint and waste a lot more material in over spray.

works great tho, and for the price I can not complain
Old 03-02-2011, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

btw what color are you going to use?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking at goin Pure White. This is the first car I have owned that wasn't white & the paint went to ****, I'm over it, LOL. Goin back to good ol' white. It'll hide the imperfections better since its a daily driver & wont look as dirty as fast as this NBM either.

I was thinking the same about the primer most likely filling in my little ding since I'm using the 2K high build. And even if it doesnt completely smooth that out, I'm not gonna stress. Its a daily driver with 160k miles, I dont go to car shows or anything like that. So a few minor imperfections that only the keen eye would pick up on wont make me lose sleep, hell I'm gonna paint it in a garage with makeshift booth, I dont expect a $5k finish on it, LOL. And whatever my finished product is will definetly be 10000x better than my current paint.

Quick Reply: Materials....