Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

SS Hood???

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS Hood???

Ok so im sure this has been asked many times but I would like some feedback from people who have replaced their hoods with an SS hood......I have recently bought a black 2000 z28 that has an aftermarket Fiberglass SS hood on it and even when u glance at it u can tell its a low quality fiberglass hood however its also got cracks and dents in it sooo....I am looking to replace the hood with a new SS hood but I am not sure which direction to go....

I would LOVE to buy a metal SS hood from OEM but that 1900 price tag aint gonna do it for me so Im lookin at the fiberglass options....So question is Where is the best reliable place to get a SS Camaro hood and has anyone bought the Duraflex hood from 6literdesigns and how well does it fit, close, etc...????

Any feed back or options would be great Thanks.....
Old 04-04-2011, 11:54 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BlackLS1
I would LOVE to buy a metal SS hood from OEM
The OEM SS hood was not metal.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

Ok so im sure this has been asked many times but I would like some feedback from people who have replaced their hoods with an SS hood......I have recently bought a black 2000 z28 that has an aftermarket Fiberglass SS hood on it and even when u glance at it u can tell its a low quality fiberglass hood however its also got cracks and dents in it sooo....I am looking to replace the hood with a new SS hood but I am not sure which direction to go....

I would LOVE to buy a metal SS hood from OEM but that 1900 price tag aint gonna do it for me so Im lookin at the fiberglass options....So question is Where is the best reliable place to get a SS Camaro hood and has anyone bought the Duraflex hood from 6literdesigns and how well does it fit, close, etc...????

Any feed back or options would be great Thanks.....
there are plenty of threads about people asking about these hoods..i like my trufiber SS, turned out great
Old 04-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Yea ive seen alot about the Truefiber sounds like it can be hit or miss depending on where its orderd from however has anyone had anyluck with the Duraflex hoods??
Old 04-06-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

Yea ive seen alot about the Truefiber sounds like it can be hit or miss depending on where its orderd from however has anyone had anyluck with the Duraflex hoods??
order directly from their website don't get a knock-of

Quick Reply: SS Hood???