Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Had Some Bodywork Done.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011 | 07:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Default Had Some Bodywork Done.

Afew months ago now while helping out my friend. He was so nice to show his appreciation by accidentally backing his truck into my driver side rear quarter panel I was abit pissed off when it first happened, but I wasnt to furious about it later. My quarters were in dire need of some love anyway

My friend Mike did all the body work for me. Did a pretty nice job id have to say.

Whered my antenna go??? lol I wasnt there to witness the body work being done to the passenger quarter, but my friend claimed there was a good 1/4" of bondo in some spots. I had a feeling the car had been hit before from discolored clear coat. Now I know it was...

As of right now both quarters are primed. They both need to be final blocked and then painted. The ONLY dilemma that im facing right now is that i REALLY like the look of primer on the car... I always liked the white. When its clean its CLEAN and it does compliment everything on the car. However, the light grey of the primer gives it more of a subtle touch. Not to mention my uncle used to have an all primer 70' Malibu that i was in love with!

Im thinking about reshooting the entire car with that primer and possibly clearcoating over it. I know many people might think its 'unfinished' or stupid to do such a thing. But i think itll look fantastic! And if i was to ever get a scratch or needed to reshoot a spot. Itll only be primer and clear! Not very hard to redo...

I wonder now what everyone thinks about that thought. Please let me know! Thanks
Old 06-04-2011 | 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

If it was mine I wouldn't,but to each there own you will still need to seal the whole car,I would use a grey basecoat also,then clear, car companys make tons of different shades of grey you could use,they use them for underhood colors,just go to the local paint store and ask to see some underhood colors,you could use different clears also according to what kind of shine you want,glossy,flat or satin,they can get that for you also.
Old 06-04-2011 | 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

White is the best color for 90% of cars on the road....keep it white!

Quick Reply: Had Some Bodywork Done.