Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Trans Am Front Damage Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans Am Front Damage Advice

Hi all,

After being out of the game for a bit, I found my way back in My little brother bought this car when he was 16 years old and owned it for 5 years until he sold it to a buddy about a month or so ago. Well, the essentially stock LS1 was too much car for him and he ran off the road. I had a chance to trade for it so I did.

The car only substained moderate damage so I plan to fix it up. However, i have some questions regarding the front frame rails (frame horns). Based upon the pics I am providing below, do I need to have a frame shop straighten them up so I can start bolting stuff on or is the damage minor enough that I can hammer/bend/shim the frame horns back to where they need to be. Right now this is my biggest concern and once I'm over this hurdle everything else won't be so tough.

The core support has a small dent on the bottom driverside but did not push anything in whatsoever. So I plan to just pull the dent out of it. After investigating the damage, the only thing I'm really concerned about are the frame horns. The hood, headlights, passenger fender all survived!

I appreciate any advice given!

The first picture is BEFORE, and the rest are after. I disassembled some items on the front to get a better look at what I'm dealing with.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd have them straightened out, looks fine otherwise. The Passanger side does not look bad at all.

Quick Reply: Trans Am Front Damage Advice