Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

HeadLamp Cover Adjusting

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HeadLamp Cover Adjusting

After getting a ws6 hood (oem) there is still about a >1cm gap between my driver side headlamp cover and hood. Ive looked at several pictures and notice it is supposed to be even less than this. I took off the shroud and can see the 4 screws that attach to the cover and have tried to adjust them but the cover does not seem to move any, even when the front two are on tight and the back two are loose. Am I doing something wrong?

If anyone could post a picture to make sure im using the right screws, it would also be appreciated! thanks guys
Old 01-01-2012, 02:41 PM
TECH Resident

Try adjusting the whole headlight assembly back. There won't be much room for adjustment but open the hood and you'll see 2 allen bolts holding the light assembly to the top of the radiator support beam. Loosen those (may need to loosen other bolts for the assembly slightly) push the whole light assembly back and tighten the top bolts down while backwards pressure is still being applied. This will get you some adjustment room aside from adjusting the lids alone. I had the reverse problem with my hood and had to slide my headlights forward a touch using this method and it worked for me. Might not get as much adjustment going backwards towards the hood but its worth a shot
Old 01-01-2012, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Furthermore the 4 screws you're talking about don't really move the lid forward or back any they just secure the lid to the light assembly. They have some adjustment slots built into the lid if you need to raise or lower the lid on any side but not really in any other (forward back left right) direction
Old 01-01-2012, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

Those screws you are messing with do not adjust the cover. You need to take them out and remove the headlight cover and the adjustment screws are under the cover itself