Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Can it be saved? (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 05:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to upload the pics last night but my internet went down. Hopefully I can get them up today as I know there is not much info out there. I searched hi and low and couldent find much at all. I planed on doing a full write up when finished.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Launching!

Yea, I've looked the entire site over along with alot of others and can't find anything about the removal. a write up would be a great idea.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Teching In

well i spent a good amount of time on photo shop and paint to add captions to the photos only to find out you probably cant read them after the photos were resized. oh well maybe you can save them and blow them back up in photo shop. anyways you will want to start by stripping that whole side of the car rear bumper and support,sail panel/roof,door etc. next clear all the seam sealer off with a wire wheel. then go to town drilling. you can see in the photos i left the rain channel attached to the top to protect the panel. i also took part of the tail panel off also it seemed easier. if you have any other questions or need a specific shot let me know.
Attached Thumbnails Can it be saved? (with pics)-project1-copy.jpg   Can it be saved? (with pics)-project2.jpg   Can it be saved? (with pics)-project3.jpg   Can it be saved? (with pics)-project4.jpg   Can it be saved? (with pics)-project5.jpg  

Can it be saved? (with pics)-project6.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Launching!

I ended up sectioning the quarter and welded the new back in right where the trim peice goes. The rocker panel is repaired, fender is replaced, halfway done with the manual door swap, nose cone replaced. Currently all I lack is bondo work on some misc dents in the quarter. Thanks for uploading those pics by the way.

Quick Reply: Can it be saved? (with pics)