Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Spoiler question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spoiler question

I have the stock ground effects on my car and i was wondering how do you get the spoiler piece off the spoiler... Anyone know?
Old 02-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you talking about the middle piece in the rear?
Old 02-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Launching!

Yea and the two smaller side pieces
Old 02-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

the two smaller sides atleast for me was just that strong double sided tape that is used for trimmings but the back spoiler should have some screws you have to remove the the inside panels of the hatch.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

but check in the inside of the bumper it is possible there might be a bolt
Old 02-20-2012, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

The two side pieces have three bolts that go through the quarter panels. Take rear plastic pieces out. Also take the spare tire out. Reach under and take the nuts off. Then you have to pry the side pieces off the car because it is held down with double sided tape. Use hammer and screwdriver Car will look like crap. So you will then have to fill in the three holes then paint. The easiest way to take the center spoiler off is to open rear hatch then take off the big trim plastic. Take the nuts off that you see,right and left side as you look up. There are 4, they hold the stock spoiler on. Take them off then disconnect the third brake light that has wires running up the left side. You will see the wire when you lift the rear spoiler off of hatch. Then replace with another center spoiler piece that does not have the RS spoiler attached. You can get one for $20.00- $50.00. The hard way to take the center RS spoiler off is to unscrew the third brake light then take the three nuts off that you see when you look inside the spoiler. I think there are two more nuts, one on each side of the hatch. Then take a hammer and screwdriver and wedge it underneath the spoiler and lift. Get the knife under there and start cutting through the double sided tape Use the screw driver to pull up as you go along. You will then have holes in the stock spoiler and double sided tape stuck to it. What part of New York do you live. I go back to Westchester county May 1st.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the help guys !!!

Quick Reply: Spoiler question