Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

water leak ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default water leak ideas?

Man were to start. For starters I live in the northwet! It rains a lot here. So keep gettin water in the cargo area. Like 4"'s and then also on the rear passenger floor board. It's a t-top to boot. Oh its a 94 formula. Any info would be helpful. I know I need to replace the window felts. But aside from that.....thanks
Old 05-06-2012, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 162 Likes on 147 Posts

Make sure the car is parked on a level area. If you park with the front facing downward the drain channels will overflow and leak in the car. Also open the doors and make sure the windows are up all the way. If a window motor is starting to go bad it will not go all the way up unless you open the door sometimes. Hope this is a start.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Rear passenger footwell tends to be a leak from the rear of the t-top. Check the seals (make sure the rubber isn't folded over) and check the drain channel. Make sure it sits tight also when latched in place (the latch can be adjusted). On my old 98 the rubber wasn't sitting against the metal properly so water would flow through the little gap and inside the car if it rained hard enough. Instead of getting expensive new seals just for that I used a small bit of silicone to reseal that spot so the water could only flow down the drain. Worked perfectly.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it was nice out here yesterday and I took my tops off and didn't see anything out of the norm. I know my right side window motor is gettin weak and will need replaced. Plus since my felts were removed to avoid window damage. I have to push out on the window to ensure it closes completely. Until I replace them that is. Plus I have an idea of the rear. The seal around the bottom of the rear window is jacked. Thinkin that was from car washes. Is the a plug for the water?

Quick Reply: water leak ideas?