Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Silly string vs. My Camaro......

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silly string vs. My Camaro......

Well being that time of year of High School Seniors graduating, you know how they are. Some of them thought it would be a good idea to cover my car with silly string as a "prank". It was sitting on there for a little while until someone told me about it. It stained all the weather striping on the door window, the windshield, and around the T-tops. It also left some lovely squiggly lines all over my hood and fenders. Looks like it took a bit of the clear off. I gave it a quick wash to try to get it all off. Before I start with some wax and some compound , anyone have any better ideas to remove it? Or is it even going to come off? Pictures will come soon.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:52 AM
11 Second Club

Whooooo I would turn graduation into columbine if that was my car....... I think Ur on the right track with trying to buff it off with compound though.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:45 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have a porter cable D/A just buff it, if not some ultimate compound a cloth towel and some passion and see where you get.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang man, sorry to hear about that. Sucks, you know they just did it because they're jealous too. Any luck getting all the marks gone?
Old 07-01-2012, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by termneatr
whooooo i would turn graduation into columbine if that was my car....... I think ur on the right track with trying to buff it off with compound though.
lmfao!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TermnEatr
Whooooo I would turn graduation into columbine if that was my car....... I think Ur on the right track with trying to buff it off with compound though.
I'm with this guy. People know not to mess with my car any more. There was this is one time where they thought it would be cute to take my antenna off with me "knowing" it but they were mistaken though. One of the guys who did it left and left his car so me and a couple other people took his car, picked it up and turned it around so he couldn't leave when he came back since it was positioned between two other cars.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Teching In

I gave it a nice polish with some compound and it did a pretty good job of cleaning it up. I've asked some friends and they have looked long and hard and can't see it, but for some reason I still see it. I guess because I knew where it was.

But I was a little angry when I found out about it. If it helps whoever did it sleep at night, then so be it. Just they might not be so lucky next time they mess with someones car. So im not really too concerned about it, im sure whoever did it will get taught a lesson sooner or later.