Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Passenger Fender Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 06:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Fender Removal?

When I bought my T/A, the passenger side's fender was damaged beyond repair; well I've finally got an OEM replacement, and as soon as I come home from college I'm planning to fix it. How would I go about removing the old one? I've read about the bolts and various tabs, but couldn't find anything beyond that. I know a place where I can get it done for $50, but is it worth my time? Thanks, all!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think someone with basic mechanical skill can accomplish this. I did this years ago for the first time (removing a fender on any car at that) and it wasn't too hard. Off hand from memory if I recall right:

Pop hood
Remove bolts on top part of fender
I believe there is one more under the plastic cowl area near the windshield/mirror
Two bolts at the base of the fender (under the car/rocker area)
Along the inside of the wheel well liner
Two bolts (after undoing or removing the wheel well liner) on the inside that connect it to the front bumper

Once again that's loosely what I remember from years ago, but use common sense by going around the perimeter of the fender to see if everything is disconnect before yanking and damaging stuff. Do it yourself man even if it takes you longer than what a shop would do as this is a pretty easy body panel replacement. You'll save $50, and get the confidence and knowledge to do other basic similar repairs in the future.

You can adjust the fender to hood gap by the bolts on the top (with hood open) of the fender and adjusting inward/outward from the hood. If you have anymore questions ask.

Quick Reply: Passenger Fender Removal?