Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

TCP paint off of Ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCP paint off of Ebay?

I tried the search engine and sifted through the hundreds of post but didn't see anything related to TCP paint off of ebay....so if you have a link that would be great. Otherwise,

has anybody used TCP single stage Acrylic Urethane paint before? They are asking about $60 bucks a quart.

I've only painted one other car before about 8 years ago and I remember the paint costing something like $200 for a quart of single stage urethane. That was on a sports car and it came out pretty good for my first full car paint job, but I'm needing to paint my brother's 91 long bed p/u truck so I'm thinking it will take maybe more then one quart. I hate to spend $400+ dollars on paint for an older p/u truck but at the same time I don't want to waste $120 dollars on paint that doesn't spray good, cracks or orange peels easily, has a poor finish, real finicky to work with, or some other flaw. Almost all the reviews on ebay is for their spray guns, filter, and stuff like that. I haven't read any reviews on how the paint came out. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:55 AM
Staging Lane

thanks
Old 06-23-2013, 02:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

im not sure where you got your paint but you can get Nason (Dupont) single stage for like $200 a gallon
Old 06-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 67goatman455
im not sure where you got your paint but you can get Nason (Dupont) single stage for like $200 a gallon

If memory serves me right the last paint I bought was Dupont and it was just single stage black urethane. I guess I either got ripped off last time or maybe I did buy a gallon....however I could of sworn I only bought and used a quart. It did spray on real good so I would like to use the same brand or quality of paint, rather then gambling on some unknown paint but at the same time I don't want to spend too much on an older p/u truck. Thanks, I'll have to check around on prices.

Quick Reply: TCP paint off of Ebay?