Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

How to fix spider webbing on bumper??

Old 07-24-2013, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to fix spider webbing on bumper??

Previous owner must have had trouble driving because the front bumper has 6 layers of paint and spiderwebbing all over. I figure the best way to strip the layers is a DA but how do I fix the spiderwebbing. It's all over the bumper and into the plastic in spots? I have a few cracked pieces I have to fiberglass back together on the bottom too but not a big deal there...I don't think...
Attached Thumbnails How to fix spider webbing on bumper??-image.jpg  
Old 07-25-2013, 02:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are some threads on here somewhere u have to sand them out of the plastic try searching on here
Old 07-25-2013, 02:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here it is

Most Spider webbing isnt in the paint, its in the actual body part,usually urethane i'm not even sure if fiberglass can spider web. So you really need to remove all the paint, and sand as far into the body part as it takes to get rid of the spider webbing becuase if you dont sand down past it all, it will never stop. What part of the car is it on? 95% of the time its the front or rear fascia becuase theyre really the only urethane body parts exposed to the sun all the time. If it is a fascia, you're proably better off buying a new one cause chances are you wont get all the spider webbing out and in a year or two it will be right back and all the time effort body work and fresh paint will be for nothing, when you can spend a little more now and it will give you results for 10+ years, or basically life of the paint.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to fix spider webbing on bumper??